These Days

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by snowtrooper1966, Sep 5, 2012.

1. snowtrooper1966

Gold

With the official announcement yesterday, the preorder buzz and the anticipation of what we will actually see on the 21st, it's really the best of times here on EiC.
    Looking forward to the first pix of the new iPhone5 on the 12th, the preorder confirmation, "I got my shipping notice", campout and first pix in the wild threads.

I'm not due for an official upgrade until June next year, and was laid off a few months ago, so money is tight.
    I'm trying to get approved for an early upgrade from Sprint based on my executive trouble ticket and associated FCC complaint in respect to poor 3G data speeds.
    If I can make that happen, I can sell the 64GB 4S and afford the subsidized price.

I'm super bummed I'll likely looking in from the outside, I really enjoyed the fun last year.

Unless I can work some miracle, I'll be living vicariously through you all....

2. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

Definitely exciting times at eIC during a new product launch. Always interesting to read about everyone's experiences with camping out or waiting for the FedEx truck to pull up. It's like being a kid again at Christmas time.

3. {StatuSChecKa}

{StatuSChecKa} Contributor
    Silver

Alex took the words out of my mouth.
    I enjoy people getting exited about getting there tracking numbers lol.

4. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Except all the "my phone just got shipped" threads.

5. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

Worse are the ones that don't get a tracking number immediately & talk about all the calls they have made or try & cancel the order & order again.

6. cheekymeeko

cheekymeeko Member
    Bronze

That really sucks. I'm from NYC and people camp out for everything and super early. I remember on my way to work seeing this huge line in front of Barnes & Nobles of people waiting to see the actors from the Hunger Games, like five days in advance. I try not to judge and figure they must be super excited, but then I'm like how do they bathe? People are already talking about getting tents to line up for the iPhone 5, I rather just sit in my house.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

@snowtrooper1966
    I have no clue why 2012 is cursed for so many people (including us/me)
    I am looking at all the positive and thank god everyday. We are healthy and have food on the table. That it has a way to work itself out no matter how bad it get's.
    So I am left to change my plans as well. Gladly I do still have an upgradeable line at AT&T open.
    I am hopefully able to get the new phone. Perhaps I try the Ramen noodle diet ?

8. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

For a phone?

9. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Sorry to hear of this snowtrooper1966. Times are tough all around. I hope you do enjoy reading the threads and seeing the pictures. You never know, things might turn around in your favor iPhone 5 wise. I'm certainly hoping that the big wig at AT&T changes his mind and waives the $250 fee. This way I don't have to get another line.

Job wise, If you're looking, I wish you the best of luck. If you're chilling out for a while. Enjoy your time off and regroup. The eiC will always be here to cheer you on no matter what you decide to do.

Hey, maybe you can get a part-time gig at a locak Apple store this holiday season! After the iPhone 5 comes out, the Apple Stores will need more hands on deck I'm sure. (y)

10. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Then after 3 weeks of wait they cancel their order from Apple and go to Walmart and find out they had bunch of them in stock for weeks but nobody thought about it.
    Classic!

11. snowtrooper1966

Gold

For a phone, no. For the new iPhone, not out of the realm of possibilities :D

12. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

what is that question about?
    RoofMonkey

13. cheekymeeko

cheekymeeko Member
    Bronze

I miss having a 24 hour superwalmart within driving distance of my home to do my 3 am just finished watching netflix but too wired to go to sleep food shopping. My brother had bought an ipad from wally world, but isn't it better in general to purchase items from the Apple store?

14. MichelleMAyon

MichelleMAyon New Member

I'm so excited for the new phone. Just went to the AT&T website and two of my upgrade dates are wrong. One by only a few weeks. The other line was upgrades when the iPhone 4 came out over two years ago and it says "next eligible upgrade 7/2013". I hope it is a glitch.