These speeds...

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
The download speeds I'm seeing on my iPhone 3G are incredible. It is such a big difference from my first gen iPhone. By the way, this is my first post from iPhone 3G.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
Are incredible. My first post from iPhone 3G.
congrats on it...so how you likin' it man! ...fill us in! ...what's the app sto' like! come on man! only if you had some parkesdale strawberry cookies to much on while you navigate...LOL

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
Yeah I'm extremely happy with the speed, I ended up getting the 16gig white and I'm extremely happy.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Hey dude! Congrats!

Its almost 6AM for me...two hours to go.

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
true-true...tell us more...tell us more!
Well it's syncing up right now so I haven't played to much. To all that were afraid of the workers fingering up your iPhone there is a clear plastic sticky on both sides so no big deal there. The white phone is definitely stylish. It might be me but the screen feels not as glossy when I'm using it. I also dig the silver silence and volume, sleep buttons.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
Well it's syncing up right now so I haven't played to much. To all that were afraid of the workers fingering up your iPhone there is a clear plastic sticky on both sides so no big deal there. The white phone is definitely stylish. It might be me but the screen feels not as glossy when I'm using it. I also dig the silver silence and volume, sleep buttons.

yeah let us know more...you said silver silence button?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
So far I love the phone. The first thing I noticed was the lower quality display. The colors seem almost faded are are certainly not as vivid as our v1s. I am VERY happy with the 3G speeds so far but for some reason I can't get my e-mail to work but I'll be working on that now.

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
So far I love the phone. The first thing I noticed was the lower quality display. The colors seem almost faded are are certainly not as vivid as our v1s.

YIKES. I was worried about this but then read another review saying that the screen was the same as the V1.... This is NOT good news.

MoJoe

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
www.joebeleznay.com
So far I love the phone. The first thing I noticed was the lower quality display. The colors seem almost faded are are certainly not as vivid as our v1s. I am VERY happy with the 3G speeds so far but for some reason I can't get my e-mail to work but I'll be working on that now.
Really, that's odd, is it your brightness setting? It's supposed to be exactly the same resolution/screen as the v1 isn't it?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I just adjusted the brightness and set it to manual but the colors still seem nowhere near as vibrant as my v1. I may have just gotten a bad screen (I got really lucky with my v1 and had an amazing screen from the get go) so I will wait it out a few days and compare to other people and then I might be paying Apple a visit.

Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
man, wish I was on my 3G right now, but its sitting in the box as I'm on Apples wifi with my v1 cause everything is down.

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
I just adjusted the brightness and set it to manual but the colors still seem nowhere near as vibrant as my v1. I may have just gotten a bad screen (I got really lucky with my v1 and had an amazing screen from the get go) so I will wait it out a few days and compare to other people and then I might be paying Apple a visit.
16GB White here and your right the colors are off. On the brightness screen the V1 background is more blue where is the 3G is more gray.
My 3G looks to be brighter but with a more dull look.

iPhreak

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
What?

This is crazy talk... why would the screen be lower quality? Specs are the same

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
16GB White here and your right the colors are off. On the brightness screen the V1 background is more blue where is the 3G is more gray.
My 3G looks to be brighter but with a more dull look.
That's exactly what I'm seeing.

I just did a side-by-side of my v1 and 3G and with the brightness turned all the way up and Auto OFF, the 3G is much more yellow and "dingy" looking than the bright-white v1. I'm hoping this 3G is just off and the rest aren't the same way.

MoJoe

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
www.joebeleznay.com
Tough call, my friend just bought an iPod touch and I compared my v1 iPhone to his and his brightness was a lot brighter even when set low, but my screen colors had more pop to them. I wonder if it's the same screen as his iPod touch, makes sense from what you guys are saying.