They changed my beloved OtterBox Defender

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by MuddyPaws, Oct 16, 2011.

1. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

The rubber on the outside is harder and less grippy. Not sure if I like the change there. We'll see if it slides around in my truck.

I'm a little concerned with the harder rubber and opening and closing the ports all the time. Seems like the mute switch door is going to get fatigued and bust off. Time will tell.

They did make the camera hole bigger though so now there is no flash ghosting so that makes me happy.

2. Kaki5591

Kaki5591 New Member

I noticed the difference between mine (purchased at ATT store) and my husbands (purchased at amazon). Mine is pink and is pliable. Husband's blue case is less flexible and the cover for charger is difficult to close. Thought maybe they were different because they were different colors. Like mine better.

3. pokes

pokes New Member

I just bought one from amazonten.com for 20 bucks... I like the new design it's working well so far. I had the old one for a while and I definitely like the new one better.

4. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

Look at the hole over the camera on the back. They should be different too. My wife also has the older version that is soft and is also pink like yours.

Mine is green and is harder. I found the doors easier to close but harder to open. I also noticed that with mine, the stiffer rubber seems to stay on better at the left and right edges of the screen then my other generation otter box.

5. Keith Paul Jr Kelly

Keith Paul Jr Kelly New Member

I have moved to the Liveproof case. So far I like as much if not better that my otterbox case. I have used the otterbox cases on all my iPhones. That's 4 cases and 1 iPad case, but this Lifeproof rocks.