Thiking about buying an iPhone...Question

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mmangan

Oct 10, 2007
This may be a stupid question but if I were to buy this phone do I have to get a phone plan through AT&T? I have a plan through Verizon and would like to stay with them-add my iPhone to my present plan?

cam1230

Sep 10, 2007
This may be a stupid question but if I were to buy this phone do I have to get a phone plan through AT&T? I have a plan through Verizon and would like to stay with them-add my iPhone to my present plan?
Nope. You have to switch to AT&T. Sorry! But if you want to stay with Verizon, you could always get the iPod touch. Pretty much has all the same features.

SonoPixie

Oct 1, 2007
Kentucky
Yes you have to use ATT, it is in the contract and the phone is locked to them. (Unless you do stuff that voids your contract. The others here can explain that better than me).

Jun 26, 2007
yes, just getting the ipod touch would be a lot less expenisive but maybe unfulfilling
if you transfer you must pay transfer fees and all this junk
even as an existing ATT user it was a pain :(

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia

Unless you want to go through the process of Downgrading to firmware 1.0.2, Jailbreaking, and then unlocking (all successfuly) your iPhone then you can use T-mobile. You will NOT be able to use Verizon because there is no external sim card to make the phone function. Verizon is CDMA I believe whereas AT&T is GSM.