Thin form factor that protects

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by TheJustPull, Oct 12, 2011.

1. TheJustPull

TheJustPull Member
    Bronze

I work in a factory and need to put a case on my white iPhone 4. I don't want something too bulky but I would like it to offer a little protection if possible as well. Any suggestions? Also what's the best brand car charger?

2. jaydoc1

jaydoc1 Contributor
    Silver

Seidio makes a nice thin protective case called the active x. Lifeproof cases are very popular and they REALLY protect.

3. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

LifeProof cases have the best protection for the size. Check em out at LifeProof.com. Slips into and out of the pocket easily.

4. Ltzguy

Ltzguy Zealot
    Gold

Lifeproof rules

Sent from my iPhone4 using iCafe app

5. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

I have read that the lifeproof has failed the water submersion test over and over.

6. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

I have read that life proof Passed the water test over and over and test over and over and test over and over, also.

7. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

I have actually tested and passed the water test. But it was with an A-. Little droplets on the pad at the charge door.

Target

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

8. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

Well searching just this forum finds several failed tests. There are more on larger forums.

9. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

I know there are several failed tests, but there are more good then bad. :)

10. katelynneemma

katelynneemma Evangelist
    Gold

I have a bunch of cases but always end up going back to my Incipio silicrylic. it's slim enough to slide in my pocket but protects the phone from my 4 year old.

11. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

I've seen that happen. The tiny little droplets are actually just water on the case outside of the seal that's been shaken off and landed there by opening the charge door (because opening it has a kind of springy effect). If the waterproof seal were actually broken, it wouldn't be droplets there.

12. TheJustPull

TheJustPull Member
    Bronze

How about something made by griffin? I got a case as a gift that is the form factor I'm looking for and wondering how much protection it offers.

13. canamera

canamera Zealot
    Gold

Most failed water tests are from installation errors! In the 1000's of Lifeproofs sold, I doubt that there are even a handful that failed the water test legitimately. LifeProof has stated over and over again that each and every case is 100% water tested before packaging...

I have been LifeProof'd since April, and I have many LifeProof cases, and non of them failed. Some users have come back after failing the water test the first time and admitted that they either forgot something or didn't snap it shut (the honest ones atleast).

I will never buy another case again for my iPhone...there simply isn't a better case on the market that offers the protection LifeProof does. Just to add...I'll probably only buy a phone according to what LifeProof is protecting anyways....you get to used to the freedom o not having to worry about NOTHING.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

14. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

I haven't seen one in person. The concept intrigues me but I know me. If it says I can swim with it, then I want to be able to do that. But I don't think I could actually bring myself to putting it under water to test it. So I would end up treating it like it wasn't waterproof anyway...more like water resistant. I've used and OtterBox since they started making them for the iPhone and have never been disappointed on how they hold up or protect. They are far from thin though but I actually like that. Makes me drop the tiny iPhone less often

15. canamera

canamera Zealot
    Gold

I used to think the same way before getting my first LifeProof...no way was I going to put my phone under water....but as long as you do the test PROPERELY, and it passes, then you have nothing to worry about.

Lol....I actually find myself laughing now when someone actually compares LifeProof to Otterbox....no way on earth does Otterbox even come remotely close to protecting your iPhone the way LifeProof does, and in a more elegant manner. I can't even remember where I left my defender when I first put on my LifeProof...it was brand new too...

16. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

I'm not comparing the 2 really although from a rugged standpoint the Otter is pretty damn good. Not waterproof by any means but you don't have to worry about dropping it.

Has the Gen 2 lifeproof correct the echo problem that many people had? I don't know much about it but google finds a lot of complaints about it.

17. canamera

canamera Zealot
    Gold

The echo problem was supposed to be corrected in the first Gen too. The purpose of Gen2 was to add two bumpers to protect the volume, and vibrate switch. Some people have had the echo problem, but out of the thousands of cases LifeProof has sold, the majority does not. I, myself have never experienced it. Either way, LifeProof has always taken care of their customers, and will exchange any defective cases.

18. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

I am starting to waver from my beloved otterbox. :D

Gotta do a bit more research. Then try to talk the wife out of 100 bucks. LOL

19. Simpleman

Simpleman Member
    Bronze

Just received my Lifeproof Gen2 for my iP4s an hour ago. I am thoroughly impressed with the thin profile and superior protection. It passed the waterproof test, sound quality is excellent. Yes, its pricey but so is replacing a broken iP4s.

regards