Thing that Apple should change for next iPhone

NickT916

Bronze
Jan 4, 2008
I think that the next iPhone should have these changes:

1.Flash to watch other things than just youtube.
2.Copy and paste!
3.3G!
4.If you get a TXT, have option to turn off/on pop up notifications
5.Ability to attach/send pictures via SMS (crappy phones do this gosh!)
6.Able to receive pictures from other people via TXT and not some link to a site with password!
7.Snoozing calendar events for any amount of time, There has got to be more sounds for the calendar events, postponing/snoozing those reminders for 10, 30 minutes etc should also be an option. When i get a reminded of something and then i unlock the phone, that reminder goes away, if i have to make a call i have to go back to calendar and edit to go off a few minutes later. I missed a payment because of this. Plus i think a reminder should go away unless a person hits cancel not just unlocks the phone.
8.If youtube is loading, ability to go to main screen while it loads, or the ability to pause youtube and go back to main screen and then go back to where it was paused. Reloading something you loaded is a little annoying, especially with Edge! lol
9.Top bar to indicate if phone is on silent, or on regular, and top bar to show txt icons, email, missed calls.
10,At leats a 3.0 MP cam maybe with a flash
11.Ability to record video
12.Ability to record audio
13.Back cover not to be so freaken slippery! lol
14.When you play with sounds, ringtones, not to save it as default ring without asking if I wanna save or not, I hate reselecting default ring after messing with sounds so annoying, especially when I forget and then someone calls later and I don't know what's going on haha
15.True GPS! surely iPhone is capable of locating its location, so im sure its capable of being a GPS, but i think Apple is holding back for those rainy days when iPhone starts going downhill. its probably just a software upgrade not hardware
16. If 2-3 pages of internet are open, why cant it stay loaded where it was left off without having it reload again when you go to first or other pages. Firefox on iPhone would be awesome! :))

common Apple you can do better, my $100 nokia from 5 years ago can dolike 95% of that! :p I might concider an upgrade if im satisfied

Comb

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
6.Able to receive pictures from other people via TXT and not some link to a site with password!
Seriously, Apple really dropped the ball on those that. The current iPhone should have had this stuff from the very beginning. I hope this stuff comes with the 2.0 firmware... and the new iPhone better have it too. Just about every phone on the market can do these things, why can't the "advanced" iPhone? It's like buying a brand new flat panel TV that doesn't have a remote.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
The iPhone is big in the US, as there's not many "fancy" phones out here in the US market.

But the iPhone has flopped in Europe, because there are more variations of phones out there. People didn't want to pay full price for a phone, which only had 20% of the features of the phone they are trying to replace and thought was ancient. Apple I think were forced into getting the 3G phone out sooner than they wanted to, as sales of the existing iPhone in Europe were dead. It was a good indicator of how sales would have been in Japan. Not many countries outside of the US use EDGE. Most of them have moved to 3G and did that many years ago. So why would they want a phone which uses ancient EDGE technology? The whole "there is a wi-fi" around every corner is a load of buzz****s. No one wants to sit there trying to find a wi-fi, when they are trying to find reviews of a TV they want to purchase in Best Buy, because EDGE is so darn slow!

I hope Apple allows AT&T to subsidize the new iPhone and still keep our corporate discounts.

I think that the next iPhone should have these changes:

1.Flash to watch other things than just youtube.
2.Copy and paste!
3.3G!
4.If you get a TXT, have option to turn off/on pop up notofications
7.Snoozing calendar events for any amount of time
8.If youtube is loading, ability to go to main screen while it loads.
9.Top bar to indicate if phone is on silent, or on regular, and top bar to show txt icons, email, missed calls.
10,Atleats a 3.0 MP cam maybe with a flash
12.Ability to record audio

just a few things from top of my head.

common Apple you can do better, my $100 nokia from 5 years ago can dolike 95% of that! :p I might concider an upgrade if im satisfied

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
id be happy with at least them posting it as a link so you don't have to keep going back to remember what the password is.... its just a waste of time...

8.If youtube is loading, ability to go to main screen while it loads.
this is something that isn't mentioned much, but if youre like me, when i surf the web on a regular desktop, when i click a link and if im waiting for something on a page to load, i have another tab open, and stay on that page before going to the next one, it might not be much, but its less irritating being on a page thats already loaded and it would make slow speeds on the iPhone less irritating

definitely.... there is no reason it wasn't there in the first place.....

as far as being slippery goes, doesn't really bother me, but what does is the color of it... i HATE the freaking gray color. id prefer an all black phone or heck even a design similar to the ipod touch... the design on that one is beautiful

NickT916

Bronze
Jan 4, 2008
i think this should be a sticky, so Apple employees who do surveys about what people hate and like about the iPhone can go to the forum and be like... oh look a thread with all the details we need, instead of searching for threads about each particular thing.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Well, it's a little late in the game to start requesting things now. It's speculated that the V2 phone is to be announced in just a couple weeks.
As far as your list...

1.Flash to watch other things than just youtube. -Not yet, if ever. Adobe has already confirmed that it requires a more indepth level of programming than the SDK can offer.
2.Copy and paste! -This might happen with the new phone, but most likely, it's still a dream
3.3G! -Well,if you didn't know the V2 has it, you need to read more ( that's to everyone - not just the OP)
4.If you get a TXT, have option to turn off/on pop up notofications -I thought this was already an option, but maybe I am thinking of some 3rd party software...
5.Ability to attach/send pictures via SMS (crappy phones do this gosh!) MMS. -Most likely never to happen since Apple believes that the email program addresses the issue of sharing multimedia.
6.Able to receive pictures from other people via TXT and not some link to a site with password! -Again, No MMS
7.Snoozing calendar events for any amount of time. -Not sure exactly whatyou are looking for here.
8.If youtube is loading, ability to go to main screen while it loads. -Well, the Home Button is how you end a program. It would be different if you could X out of a program. The only acception to this rule is playing music through the iPod, or navigating programs while on a call.
9.Top bar to indicate if phone is on silent, or on regular, and top bar to show txt icons, email, missed calls. -a Silent indicator would be nice, but the home screen does the rest.
10,Atleats a 3.0 MP cam maybe with a flash -No flash reported. Haven't heard the camera reolution.
11.Ability to record video -another possibility with the V2, but won't know until the release
12.Ability to record audio - yeah, but this will probably be address by legitimate 3rd party vendors through the SDK
13.Back cover not to be so freaken slippery! lol -Well, I kinda agree with you there, but rumors currently say that the new back is a glossy piece of plastic.

jimmy_hat

Bronze
Jan 19, 2008
UK
Moving on.... :S The biggest problem with the iPhone is the inability to send things via bluetooth IMO. If somebody made it do that it would be the greatest phone ever...

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
Moving on.... :S The biggest problem with the iPhone is the inability to send things via bluetooth IMO. If somebody made it do that it would be the greatest phone ever...
yes... i used to love sharing ringtones and videos with my old razr.... i remember EVERYONE in my high school used to so this..

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
lol... just goes to show you, one man's "killer feature" is another man's "who gives a ****?"

magnum man

Bronze
Jun 10, 2007
Yeah but it's still kinda low. It really helped with speaker phone. But if you have a song as a ringtone, it's still pretty low.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Yes, I love my iPhone but I do believe Apple are cheap morons. For a $400-$500 piece of revolutionary technology, they skip the most basic functions and features (i.e., MMS, copy and paste, etc.).

Also, not to mention but the stock iPhone has THE WORST factory ringtones I've ever heard in my entire life. I'm pretty sure mobile phones from 2000 had better ringtones. Don't EVEN get me started on the text message tones...

Holy crap.

NickT916

Bronze
Jan 4, 2008
Yes, I love my iPhone but I do believe Apple are cheap morons. For a $400-$500 piece of revolutionary technology, they skip the most basic functions and features (i.e., MMS, copy and paste, etc.).

Also, not to mention but the stock iPhone has THE WORST factory ringtones I've ever heard in my entire life. I'm pretty sure mobile phones from 2000 had better ringtones. Don't EVEN get me started on the text message tones...

Holy crap.
hahah, cant even put txt on vibrate for crying out loud! hecka dumb... yes i can select the txt to go .. dong... or ding... hmm choices choices!

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Hmmmm.... I Have no problems with speaker volume. I work in a mock store at our office ( I do Merchandising) and I can play my playlist at about 80% volume and hear it quite well throughout the store. Even got compliments on the volume level for "such a little bitty thing", and complaints because some people were on the phone.
As far as text vibrate notifications, The phone itself has to be on vibrate ( ringer muted) and your text will be on vibrate. The vibration is about the weakest feature on my phone. I miss more calls because of it.
Other than that, I am quite happy with the iPhone's performance. I am still waiting on Flash, MMS, and copy/paste, but that's a whole other ball of wax...