Things are heating up

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
I have suddenly noticed over the last couple of weeks that when my phone is set on 3g and i make or receive calls that the phone is really getting hot in the back. If I turn 3g off and go back to edge the phone cools down and never heats up during phone calls. Also as much as I was a big fan of 2.1 I am suddenly getting some screen lag and my battery life seems to be getting worse. Any thoughts?

Jul 29, 2008
Winter Park, FL
Although my battery life seems good, I also notice my phone is hotter sometimes. You are not alone.

flabyboy

Jun 25, 2008
Minnesota
check to see if your usage meter is growing while the phone is supposedly asleep. I just had my replaced. I never had problems before 2.1. My new phone is running 2.02 and will continue to do do for the time being

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
I just got back from Apple with a new phone. It is restoring now. We shall See...

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
My phone gets a tad warm on a long conversation, however I would think that it's normal. Coming from years on CDMA, warm phones are kind of the norm for me.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I guess we should poll the 3G owners to see who's phone heats up and who's does not.
Mine gets warm, but not HOT....at least not yet. I expect a little warmth, but not as warm as a cup of coffee.