Things I learned at church today

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
A) Even if you put your phone on silent while your 2 year old grandaughter is entertaining herself by playing with your coverflow, sound can still miraculously errupt from the iPod.

B) "It's My Party" doesn't go well with the preachers sermon on forgiveness.

c) It's almost impossible to find the right button to turn it off while your crawling under the pew hoping that nobody notices where it's coming from.

D) Don't let a 2 year old play with your iPhone in church :(

Totally embarrassing :)

wrhutch

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Pottsboro Texas
A) Even if you put your phone on silent while your 2 year old grandaughter is entertaining herself by playing with your coverflow, sound can still miraculously errupt from the iPod.

c) It's almost impossible to find the right button to turn it off while your crawling under the pew hoping that nobody notices where it's coming from.

Yikes! At least it wasn't broken. ;)

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta

You would cry too if it happened to youuuu!
Love that song haha, good story.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Haha that's pretty awesome. I've had my text tone go off in one of my small classes before (I changed it to "Mail Mother ******!" from Eurotrip) when I thought I had it on vibrate. Thankfully no one could really hear what it said.

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Yeah, even if you put it on vibrate the sound from your alarms will still sound too. You have to turn the volume down too.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston

OMFG HILARIOUS!
this just made my night! i hate being in those situations...

your heartbeat goes way fast

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I would leave if that happened to me.

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
Problem Child the movie. (might have been 2)

Thats where I know it from and probably most other too haha.

Sleeper

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
You could have, you know, turned it off.

Just a thought.

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
You could have, you know, turned it off.

Just a thought.
Yes, well that thought occurred to me as well but it's a bit easier said than done while you're in the middle of a panic attack :laugh2:

Sleeper

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Yes, well that thought occurred to me as well but it's a bit easier said than done while you're in the middle of a panic attack :laugh2:
Very true. A couple of years ago I was doing a presentation at work and my phone went off. Unfortunately, the ringtone was set to Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day and it was quite loud. Equally unfortunately it was in my jacket which was at the other end of the room. Cue much embarrassment and flustering.

That's why I make sure my phone is off at any meeting now. :laugh2:

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
My phone rang in Chemistry the other day. The Ringtone was set to I'm Shipping up to Boston, which is an extremely loud, Irish-Rock song. I threw the silent switch and at the same time "accidentally" knocked a beaker on the floor. The shattering covered the ring.

BTW - My friend was the one who called me - it was his free period, so apparently he thought it would be funny to see if my phone was on silent or not. I about killed him after class.