Things we are are NOT impressed with...

bllzll

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
ok, sorry to start this day off with such pessimism but a few things kind of bother me.

1) the back of the iPhone seems to be a whore for smudges
2) i HATE the fact than an 8gb only has 7gb actually available for use (but this is always the case)
3) the facebook app is horrible because you cant even write on peoples walls and stuff. i would rather just use the internet verion (this one i really don't care that much about)
4) maybe i just don't know how to use it, but the google maps seems to be exactly the same as the old one! how do you use the gps?
5) its certainly wider than the old one.. but we expected this
6) no charging dock came with it this time? wtf!

i guess thats really it for now.. im still playing with it.. other than those small complaints.. its pretty dope so far.. i love the way it looks. the 3g is pretty nice.. theres small things i love like how the Apple on the back is smooth with the rest of the back.. where as v1 the Apple wasn't as flush and you could feel it. i like the reduced chrome trim.. and the plastic back (although its a smudge slut) still feels nice and has a nice look to it

Denny Crane

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Alabama
ok, sorry to start this day off with such pessimism but a few things kind of bother me.

2) i HATE the fact than an 8gb only has 7gb actually available for use (but this is always the case)
3) the facebook app is horrible because you cant even write on peoples walls and stuff. i would rather just use the internet verion (this one i really don't care that much about)
4) maybe i just don't know how to use it, but the google maps seems to be exactly the same as the old one! how do you use the gps?

i guess thats really it for now.. im still playing with it.. other than those small complaints.. its pretty dope so far.. i love the way it looks. the 3g is pretty nice.. theres small things i love like how the Apple on the back is smooth with the rest of the back.. where as v1 the Apple wasn't as flush and you could feel it. i like the reduced chrome trim.. and the plastic back (although its a smudge slut) still feels nice and has a nice look to it
1) Activation process
2) No charging dock. (Knew this going in though)
3) Activation process
4) Activation process
5) Activation process

MoJoe

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
www.joebeleznay.com

Thanks for the honest input. BTW do you have the white or black version?

My main gripes were the extra $10 for data & extra $5 for 200 text, that's really gouging us. No dock is also pretty cheap of them to do.

good luck with your phone,
Joe

bllzll

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
ha yeah.. i hateed that they had to open your phone, and be the first ones to use it..

i was watching the person next to me.. and the lady takes his phone out of the box, and cant get the sim out.. and then she just tosses his phone down in the counter.. and u could hear all of these clanks and stuff.. and its just sitting there like behind the computer monitor almost in a pile of dusty wires.. the guy just shook his head and looked pissed..i would have been too!

hammer

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Noob question- If there's no dock then how do you connect it to your PC? There has got to be a USB cable or something.

bllzll

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
i got the black.. at first i thought the white was a little girlish.. but then i saw it in person and actually realllllly wanted it.. but then i figured the white would get soo dirty with scratches and stuff.. so i went with black..

but now this gloss black shows all dust.. and the smudges are just impossible to stop from happening

Thanks for the honest input. BTW do you have the white or black version?

My main gripes were the extra $10 for data & extra $5 for 200 text, that's really gouging us. No dock is also pretty cheap of them to do.

good luck with your phone,
Joe

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
^ It comes with a USB cable.

My only issue thus far is with the screen quality but I may have just gotten a bad iPhone.

MoJoe

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
www.joebeleznay.com
Noob question- If there's no dock then how do you connect it to your PC? There has got to be a USB cable or something.
The USB cable is included. What I wasn't sure of is if they include the outlet adapter, if they didn't that would be uber cheap of them, they gotta include that.

bllzll

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
yes theres a USB cable.. and then also a plug that the USB cable goes into so u can charge it from the wall..

but the first phone they gave you this dock so the phone could stand up while chargning.. this time around, NO dock

MoJoe

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
www.joebeleznay.com
i got the black.. at first i thought the white was a little girlish.. but then i saw it in person and actually realllllly wanted it.. but then i figured the white would get soo dirty with scratches and stuff.. so i went with black..

but now this gloss black shows all dust.. and the smudges are just impossible to stop from happening
Is it the type of plastic that will show a scrape super easy? Like a rubbery-plastic, or hard-plastic?

Thanks,
Joe

Denny Crane

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Alabama

The white one was nice. A lady next to me was buying that one....

Denny Crane

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Alabama
Is it the type of plastic that will show a scrape super easy? Like a rubbery-plastic, or hard-plastic?

Thanks,
Joe
It's a hard glossy plastic. Probably will scratch easy. I have the 16 GB black one. Shows fingerprints like crazy. I actually think the white one wouldn't show them as much, but I don't have one to test this theory on.

bllzll

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
hard glossy plastic.. IMO, i think it will scratch easily.. i could probably key my name into the back no problem. haha but i wont

Thanks,
Joe

MoJoe

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
www.joebeleznay.com
Thanks for the info guys. I will upgrade sometime but want to see how everything pans out like battery life most importantly. When I do, I'll def get a 16g black one (or maybe 32g if it's out by then), the white will show less fingerprints but will def get dirtier overall with time IMO.

have fun with your triple G's!

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
From what I heard, those who have white iMacbooks and white Mac stuff like that now have a dirty white color.

Lesson: Get a cover.