Things with SMS

magermeister

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
goose creek, sc
something that we also need with SMS is copying and fwd mgs. That's basic text capable abilities. Also need to be able to send to muliple contacts. Come on Apple help us out with this revolutionary device! :(

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
I'm guessing he's not jailbroken.

magermeister

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
goose creek, sc
Im actually nervous about jailbreaking my phone because I don't want it to turn into a brick I paid to much money for this phone if I would of bought of recently then I wouldn't have a problem with it I bought it the day it was released i paid $684 so I don't want to get it messed up and void my warranty.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
I'll go ahead and queue up the broken record of "jailbreaking is safe." Though seriously, the jailbreaking these days is a joke. The jailbreak these days (NOT unlock, just jailbreak), is incredibly safe and I haven't seen any reports of bricked phones with the newest jailbreaks.

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
Im actually nervous about jailbreaking my phone because I don't want it to turn into a brick I paid to much money for this phone if I would of bought of recently then I wouldn't have a problem with it I bought it the day it was released i paid $684 so I don't want to get it messed up and void my warranty.
Totally understandable. I was nervous for the longest time but ended up being a very pain-free thing. And I did my 1.1.1 back before jailbreakme.com was up and running. That site makes it brainless as well as painless. That being said, jailbreaking isn't for everyone.

magermeister

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
goose creek, sc
so what should I do I have the newest updates installed on my phone and stuff plus when new updates come out how do I download them? I'm confused on how to jailbreak but on the same token nervous but everyone it seems like enjoys this phone so much more wen its been jailbroken. But I don't know how to do it can sumone explain it to me please everything about it? Thanks

smokinn

Oct 17, 2007
so what should I do I have the newest updates installed on my phone and stuff plus when new updates come out how do I download them? I'm confused on how to jailbreak but on the same token nervous but everyone it seems like enjoys this phone so much more wen its been jailbroken. But I don't know how to do it can sumone explain it to me please everything about it? Thanks

hi guys i am little bit confused now the reason is that i am not able to install this app on my phone !

1. i am using 1.0.2
2. the installer is not showin any adding of sources (how to add i already added modmyiPhone but now when i update the installer it's not showing the same thing)
3. How do i update the installer so that new apps will be there
4. i tried the same app through uploadin it through ibrickr ( i was successful uploadin it because it shows the icon but when i open it it doesn't show any thing)

Plzz help me out so that i can install this great app

mashom

Oct 21, 2007
hello meg it is so easy to jailbreak your iPhone

just update to 1.1.1 and then you have to access safari through www.jailbreakme.com with wifi connection not gprs.

and you are done :)

wait your iPhone OTB 1.1.2 ? if yes then i will hve to find out the guide for you. but my suggesstion is that you must wait for some days until easy jailbreak and activation is release by some programmars because there are too many hard guides that newbie cannot understand. but jailbreaking 1.1.1 is too easy.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
should I downgrade to 1.1.1 and jailbreak it if so how do I to this?

Download the software from this site, http://conceitedsoftware.com/iPhone/site/112jb.html. It is the jailbreak package for 1.1.2. It includes a readme which will walk you through the process of downgrading to 1.1.1, jailbreaking, running oktoprep then upgrading and jailbreaking again. If you have any issues, post it here and I'll give you a hand.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I was worried about jailbreaking my OOB 1.1.2 but was able to just fine. I followed the sticky on this forum that tells you step by step how to jailbreak 1.1.2. If I can do it anyone can, you will be happy you did it.
I even got brave and modded an ipod touch. No big deal, no brick, just better!:laugh2: