Things you didn't know about me

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
This thread was hard! Umm...I guess I've watched every episode of criminal minds at least once, up to season 5. Most of the episodes I can watch 10 seconds of it I know the episode.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I'm an Electrical Engineer. I work for an upcoming wireless energy management company based in Stockport, England. I love dogs and lager. I've had my own mortgage since I was 20. I've been to over 20 countries.

Lastly, I'm very passionate about hating Microsoft Windows.

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
I worked for Microsoft for 10 years. (shhh!) LOL!

While there, I helped design, architect, and program many businesss applications for a lot of Fortune 50 companies. I also wrote quite a bit of enterprise Windows Mobile applications.

Sent from my iPad 3

Apple iAddicted

Contributor
Bronze
Feb 20, 2012
I have a pemenant trakeostomy, ditched my bike ar 65 on a backroad got thrown off even though I held on so tight I crushed the gas tank in with my knees. 8 broken ribs, fractured my neck, broke my left wrist, ruptured my spleen, broke 3 burs off vetabraes in my back, oh yeah and was given less than hour to live 3 different times the 3 months I was in the hospital the first time.
Had to live 8 months on TPN I had to hook myself every night and couldn't even drink water much less eat.
But I beat the odds can't talk normal, sound like donald duck, beat the wheel chair the doctors said I'd never get out of and drive a stick again that I was never supposed to do!
And yes I still ride bikes every chance I get wish I could afford to get another one. Just in case ya think I'm lyin.......
My trach had it since 05 wrecked on September 11, 2005

Sent from my 32GB iPhone 4s on iOS 5.1!
Only thing iPhone is missing is an expandable memory port! Come on Apple give us a microSD port already!

Attachments

aknightstale41

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
When I was fourteen I stole my dads car for fun and went joyriding, he called the cops and they tracked me down, but I wouldn't go without a fight,.. went on a high speed chase at 90 plus mph for 15 minutes, crazily blowing through intersections and red lights..finally some sanity prevailed and I pulled over..cops slapped the cuffs on me and hauled me in...being a minor I got off with just a fine..thank goodness I didn't hurt anyone,.. or myself. Crazy times for me.

TarekElsakka

Genius
Gold
Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I have a pemenant trakeostomy, ditched my bike ar 65 on a backroad got thrown off even though I held on so tight I crushed the gas tank in with my knees. 8 broken ribs, fractured my neck, broke my left wrist, ruptured my spleen, broke 3 burs off vetabraes in my back, oh yeah and was given less than hour to live 3 different times the 3 months I was in the hospital the first time.
Had to live 8 months on TPN I had to hook myself every night and couldn't even drink water much less eat.
But I beat the odds can't talk normal, sound like donald duck, beat the wheel chair the doctors said I'd never get out of and drive a stick again that I was never supposed to do!
And yes I still ride bikes every chance I get wish I could afford to get another one. Just in case ya think I'm lyin.......
My trach had it since 05 wrecked on September 11, 2005

Only thing iPhone is missing is an expandable memory port! Come on Apple give us a microSD port already!
I'm so sorry to hear about that accident. I sure am glad you were able to recover and get through this hard phase in your life. Please try not to ride bikes anymore, even if you get the money to get one. That's the main reason I hate them, they're just way too dangerous. I've had car accidents driving over 100mph and thank God nothing happened to me besides a bruised knee and some scratches here and there. I wonder what would happen to me driving on that speed and crashing if I were on a bike!

Apple iAddicted

Contributor
Bronze
Feb 20, 2012
I'm so sorry to hear about that accident. I sure am glad you were able to recover and get through this hard phase in your life. Please try not to ride bikes anymore, even if you get the money to get one. That's the main reason I hate them, they're just way too dangerous. I've had car accidents driving over 100mph and thank God nothing happened to me besides a bruised knee and some scratches here and there. I wonder what would happen to me driving on that speed and crashing if I were on a bike!
Accually being on a bike saves me. The ditch I climbed out of is very deep a few weeks after my wreck a boy put his Ford Ranger in the same spot and died. My uncle brought the newpaper article to me when i woke up aparently he was there 2 days before anyone found him. And the little Geo Tracker I drove back then wasn't half the length of his truck.
I see it like this Fear can either control you or you conquer Fear as soon as I could hold up my dad's bike I took it for a spin. My wife is like you thinkin I shouldn't ride I test drive her step sister's boyfriend's Suzuki GSR1000 last thing I heard was don't you go fast come out her mouth lol I owned a cruiser not a crotch rocket so I didn't realize how fast it would hit 100. Surprizingly the crotch rocket ain't as uncomfortable as I been told oh yeah and I didn't have my helmet when I drove the crotchrocket, I do usually wear one though.

TarekElsakka

Genius
Gold
Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Well, I am glad you're okay and I guess that teaches you to not only wear your helmet AT ALL times when riding, but also to concentrate on the road. :D

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
I am longtime friends with a local celebrity to the Philadelphia are, 3 time winner of the Philadelphia Wing Bowl (wing eating contest), Jon "Super" Squibb --> Google Him :)

Apple iAddicted

Contributor
Bronze
Feb 20, 2012
Well, I am glad you're okay and I guess that teaches you to not only wear your helmet AT ALL times when riding, but also to concentrate on the road. :D
I was wearing a helmet when I wrecked, cracked it good, MS has helmet laws but now I live in AR so don't have to wear one here. Accidents happen even if you the safest driver on earth you can still be in a wreck

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I had a go on a friend's mini bike when I was about 12. Rode it straight into a fence. Since then, I've figured I'm not cut out for bikes. Come to think of it, I'm not even real good on a bicycle.

Those stationery bikes in the gym though, I've never fallen off or crashed yet.

Reactions: iphonewarrior

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
When I was 5 I was tired of waiting for my two front teeth, that were loose, to fall out. One evening, when my mom and friends were in the kitchen, I took an Apple sunk my two front teeth into it and yanked them out as hard and as fast as I could. I was very impatient and was simply sick of waiting. The looseness was ******** me off.

I saw stars for a moment and then the blood came. I didn't scream. I didn't run to momma. I went to the bathroom got the peroxide and a towel and called myself taking care of it.

All bloody and proud I presented the teeth to my mother and told her what I did.

I was proud of that. She was not happy with me.

I think that's the day I confirmed to myself that I had a high threshold for pain.

Apple iAddicted

Contributor
Bronze
Feb 20, 2012
When I was 5 I was tired of waiting for my two front teeth, that were loose, to fall out. One evening, when my mom and friends were in the kitchen, I took an Apple sunk my two front teeth into it and yanked them out as hard and as fast as I could. I was very impatient and was simply sick of waiting. The looseness was ********* me off.

I saw stars for a moment and then the blood came. I didn't scream. I didn't run to momma. I went to the bathroom got the peroxide and a towel and called myself taking care of it.

All bloody and proud I presented the teeth to my mother and told her what I did.

I was proud of that. She was not happy with me.

I think that's the day I confirmed to myself that I had a high threshold for pain.
haha thats kinda funny considering I got a son fixin be 8 and he got a tooth hangin by a thread it so loose and he won't let me pull it.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
haha thats kinda funny considering I got a son fixin be 8 and he got a tooth hangin by a thread it so loose and he won't let me pull it.

The things kids do!

The teeth pull confirmed my high threashold for pain because some time before that, i spilled a cup of HOT soup in my lap in that very same room. I remember not flinching and just letting myself experience the hot burn on my lap. IDK why I didn't jump up I just sat there. Then I got mad when it the liquid started soaking my panties.

I have been pierced by an arrow in my hand during archery at school. I thought i was doing pretty good. I shot and didn't see where the arrow went. Well, I did't feel where it actually ended up. I walked up to the target, blood dripping on the gym floor, looking for my arrow and still couldn't find it anywhere. I was pissed. How did I miss this bad?! I didn't realize something else was really wrong until the other kids in the class started screaming. One little girl was really shook. I mean c'mon girl. It was my friggin hand. The arrow had logged itself in there pretty good and I just snapped it and pulled it out. No biggie. Didn't feel it when it happened, but it smarted the next day.

I have been pushed into a glass display case at school(was fighting), all the glass shattered, I had been cut but didn't feel it. There was blood squirting from my arm and my opponent decided to stop the fight because she thought I was really hurt. I wasn't, so I gave her a smack. She deserved it. I have been beaned in the head with a football at summer camp, probably why I'm crazy now, but I didn't feel pain, just annoyance and being ******* off.

These are some of the things that i can think of that happened to me as a kid.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
The things kids do!

The teeth pull confirmed my high threashold for pain because some time before that, i spilled a cup of HOT soup in my lap in that very same room. I remember not flinching and just letting myself experience the hot burn on my lap. IDK why I didn't jump up I just sat there. Then I got mad when it the liquid started soaking my panties.

I have been pierced by an arrow in my hand during archery at school. I thought i was doing pretty good. I shot and didn't see where the arrow went. Well, I did't feel where it actually ended up. I walked up to the target, blood dripping on the gym floor, looking for my arrow and still couldn't find it anywhere. I was pissed. How did I miss this bad?! I didn't realize something else was really wrong until the other kids in the class started screaming. One little girl was really shook. I mean c'mon girl. It was my friggin hand. The arrow had logged itself in there pretty good and I just snapped it and pulled it out. No biggie. Didn't feel it when it happened, but it smarted the next day.

I have been puhed into a glass display case at school(was fighting), all the glass shattered, I had been cut but didn't feel it. There was blood squirting from my arm and my opponent decided to stop the fight because she thought I was really hurt. I wasn't, so I gave her a smack. She deserved it. I have been beaned in the head with a football at summer camp, probably why I'm crazy now, but I didn't feel pain, just annoyance and being ******** off.

These are some of the things that i can think of that happened to me as a kid.
You didn't happen to make a movie / video game named Tomb Raider did ya? ;)