Things You "dislike"(hate) about your iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Gothgothpunk

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
well here is one thing i don't like about the iPhone when im making a call outside and is dark i put the phone to my ear to hear and the screen turns off which is cool so you don't accidentally press anything but then i decide to check a website when im still on the call and what happens nothing the screen is still off and my iPhone thinks is still on my ear, just because there is no light outside, that really is annoying

astrolux

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
I dislike that I bought a pretty rad phone and visit a good site for info that is littered with people complaining. That is my only dislike of the iPhone.

I just tried getting on Safari during a call and the screen lit up, not able to get on because EDGE was not working.

TheJimbo

Sep 10, 2007
Upstate NY
Like: Awesome screen, Internet (Safari), iPod, decent phone, battery life, Cool Factor.
Hate: Can't send SMS to multiple peeps, no MMS, email functionality is lame, doesn't sync notes, limited sound events, can't install anything (yet)

Fafafoooey

Bronze
Apr 26, 2007
I hate the fact that it doesn't reset randomly like my Treo did. I hate the fact that browsing the internet is not using WAP pages or text only pages, it uses the full web page of nearly all the sites you would go to. I hate the fact that the music player on it works flawlessly, without skipping, and plays video, unlike the Treo where PTunes always skipped. I hate having visual voicemail. I hate having email functionality built into the phone that allows full html email and full attachments, and does not require purchasing an aftermarket email software tool (although, I couldn't buy one anyway since I can't install stuff on the iPhone yet.:)) I hate having YouTube video on it. I hate Multi-Touch.

I just hate the iPhone. :laugh2:

Obviously I am kidding.

But I do hate the following things about the iPhone, currently:

- No 3rd party apps
- No games. They could have at least given us Pong, sheesh.
- Cannot bulk delete emails, must do it one at a time.
- no picture messaging to other cell phones. only to email.
- EDGE only/no 3G.
- low speakerphone volume, at least on mine, although others report no problem here.
- no user replaceable battery
- cell radio is at the bottom of the phone, which means your hand is blocking some, albeit a small amount, of the cell signal

Peace

Megkins

Bronze
Nov 1, 2007
Bay Area, CA
I would like to start off by saying that this was the best $399 I ever spent. I love this phone so much! My wish list:

3G, MMS, I wish bluetooth could connect to other phones to transfer files, I wish it came with an installer like blackberries and other smartphones do instead of having to hack the phone and do it in this round about sort of way, I wish it came with standard games ON it (even having some good quality games available on iTunes would work for me), I we had more control over the order of icons/how many rows/columns-I am using customize but it's not working well with 1.1.1 right now, and I lastly anytime I am typing I would like to be able to turn the screen to landscape view for more typing room.

I think that's it! The phone is so amazing though that if we could never get those things that would still be OK by me.

dwcerra

Aug 20, 2007
Big Grip....

I'd have to say my biggest grip with the iPhone (which i really love) is it's lack of MMS. I mean c'mon, even the cheappest most lame phones now-a-days have this feature. It's down right EMBARASSING! "What your $400 phone can't even receive pictures/videos from another phone? crazy"

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Here's my list (someone should start a compilation for Apple):

Hardware:
Recessed headphone jack
Wifi antenna placed poorly
Internal Battery
No expandable memory
Low speaker volume (possible software fix?)

Software:
No cut and paste
No legal 3rd party apps (yet)
No sync over wifi or bluetooth
No "disk mode" for easy file/media transfer
No MMS
No SMS to multiple recipients
No mass delete/mark-as-read in texting or email
No landscape mode for notes/texting/email/youtube browsing/too many things!
No real email push technology. Yahoo push doesn't work for most
No Flash
No Java
Poor caching scheme in Safari
Poor photo management/editing abilities
Poor streaming media/codec support in general
No video capture
No audio capture
No way to save email attachments or pics/sounds from webpages
No streaming of MP3 files from most webpages
No downloading
No custom ringtones without paying Apple $$$ (I miss Windows Mobile for this)
No bluetooth GPS support with Google Maps (I REALLY miss this one... come on, Apple, get with it!)

As you can see, the majority of the gripes are software-based, giving me high hopes for future updates. Don't let us down, Steve!

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
As you can see, the majority of the gripes are software-based, giving me high hopes for future updates. Don't let us down, Steve!
Based on the fact that 1.1.2 is right around the corner, with likely no major update for the rest of the year, I have to admire your optimism.

I no longer think any of that stuff is even cared about, let alone worked on or planned.

I've even given up on copy and paste.

--
Mike

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I hate that somebody bothered to make this thread.

I have a few dissapointments, but there is nothing I hate about the iPhone.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
I hate that somebody bothered to make this thread.

I have a few dissapointments, but there is nothing I hate about the iPhone.
WORD!...i co-sign on that!...how gon' get on an iPhone thread and diss the iPhone...you would ask, why do the haters of the iPhone, own an iPhone...pointless...LOL LOL...

shawn

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
Here's my list (someone should start a compilation for Apple):

Hardware:
Recessed headphone jack
Wifi antenna placed poorly
Internal Battery
No expandable memory
Low speaker volume (possible software fix?)

Software:
No cut and paste
No legal 3rd party apps (yet)
No sync over wifi or bluetooth
No "disk mode" for easy file/media transfer
No MMS
No SMS to multiple recipients
No mass delete/mark-as-read in texting or email
No landscape mode for notes/texting/email/youtube browsing/too many things!
No real email push technology. Yahoo push doesn't work for most
No Flash
No Java
Poor caching scheme in Safari
Poor photo management/editing abilities
Poor streaming media/codec support in general
No video capture
No audio capture
No way to save email attachments or pics/sounds from webpages
No streaming of MP3 files from most webpages
No downloading
No custom ringtones without paying Apple $$$ (I miss Windows Mobile for this)
No bluetooth GPS support with Google Maps (I REALLY miss this one... come on, Apple, get with it!)

I say this list about sums up my gripes, save for one....

Why the "blank" could not Apple make all the sound functions work with a bluetooth headset? Where's the stereo support for bluetooth as well!

bfakhroo

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
no camera zoom
no video camera
no MMS
no SMS forward
no bluetooth for sending/receiving files (so dumb!)
no ARABIC

Sleeper

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
WORD!...i co-sign on that!...how gon' get on an iPhone thread and diss the iPhone...you would ask, why do the haters of the iPhone, own an iPhone...pointless...LOL LOL...
They don't hate the iPhone, you clown. They hate some things about it.