Think about getting a iPhone

fostermom

Jun 30, 2007
i was think about getting a iPhone and i need to ask a question
1.How well does iPhone work with xp amd vista
and do i have to do anything different to my laptops like the setting​

Oct 17, 2007
I have had many problems with Vista. I think that vista has a program that runs in the background that screws with the transfer of music, software, and pictures.

I have a XP laptop and when I used that instead for transferring music and such I have not had any problems.

I use my Vista computer to sync my contacts, but I use my XP laptop for music.

Other than that, I love my phone! It makes life a little easier and more fun. I would highly suggest getting one.

Aug 29, 2007
Northern CA
i was think about getting a iPhone and i need to ask a question
1.How well does iPhone work with xp amd vista
and do i have to do anything different to my laptops like the setting​
FWIW:
iPhone is not supported on either XP or Vista IF the OS is 64 bit. In other words, you won't be able to connect from iTunes to iPhone on either Operating System; 32 bit is fine and MOST people have 32 bit

fostermom

Jun 30, 2007
I have the Vista Home Edition and it has 32 bits

Oct 17, 2007
Mine is the 32 bit also (Vista and XP). I have spent many, many hours on tech support, including, setting up a new user, stopping all programs (besides the OS) and still had problems.

I would make sure you have a way to get access to a XP machine!

GailLA

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 13, 2007
Northern IL
Hi. New member here.

I've had my iPhone all of 6 days. I have Windows XP Pro SP2 with MS Office 2003. The installation is about a year old since I'm a heavy user and do a clean install every couple of years or so. To date, I've had no problems with iTunes for Windows or syncing the iPhone to Windows. In fact I love iTunes. It is a different animal than it was when I looked at it several years ago. I have made it my default player. I updated to iPhone software version 1.1.2 yesterday and all went smoothly. So from my point of view the iPhone with Windows works just fine.

smitty24

Bronze
Nov 13, 2007
Lakeland, FL
i too have had no problems using vista (businesss) and the iPhone.

Previously i was a Windows Mobile User, but love the iPhone...

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
I am running Vista Ultimate 32 bit and have no problems at all with my iPhone. I have unlocked phones (1.0.2 and 1.1.1) and everything via Vista. Just make sure you do a reboot before you try anything and ensure your firewall (if any) are turned off.

Apart from that, you should be fine!

iPimp

Bronze
Nov 12, 2007
I am running vista home ultimate and not one problem,I am still running the last version of iTunes and a 1.0.2 unlocked iPhone..:cool:

Khris

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I'm using Vista Ultimate 32-bit and have had *NO* problems whatsoever. I'm running iTunes v7.5 on an Unlocked and Jailbroken v1.1.1 iPhone.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
I buggered up my phone the other day and did a huge baseboard downgrade, fix and upgrade back to 1.1.1 using Vista. It didn't give me any problems at all. Just make sure you disable any firewalls & screensavers and you should be fine. Always best to start any modding with a fresh reboot also.