Think I might be on TV

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jun 21, 2007
A friend of mine works for a local TV station, and when I told him I was seriously considering camping out for the iPhone, he gave my information to one of their journalists, who just called me. They want to do a story on the iPhone, what's compelling about it, camping out for it, etc. They're calling the mall I might be camping out to make sure it's alright to do a news story on location, with the interview happening later today.

The big caveat, I told them, is that I am not 100% certain that I will be camping out. All I know is that AT&T told me they had had many people call and inquire about camping and the mall's management had given the OK to camp outside of one of the entrances. I made it known that I may not be camping if it's not necessary, and will do so only if a line starts forming tonight outside the mall. In any case, it's gonna be a story about the iPhone, what makes it special, and all that good stuff.

Anybody have any talking points you think I should get in about the phone, Apple, or AT&T? I want to be as prepared and as professional as possible, and not come across as some nut camping out for a phone :D.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
haha good luck
With all the editing they do today, im sure they could film you sitting there for 5 mins and make it seem like it was hours.

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
Anybody have any talking points you think I should get in about the phone, Apple, or AT&T? I want to be as prepared and as professional as possible, and not come across as some nut camping out for a phone .
sorry to say but they're already pigeonholed you as that. ;)

Every viewer and their brother are going to be thinking "those crazy bastards!" Most mass media articles I've seen think $600 for a phone is expensive enough and you'd have to be nuts to camp for it. that's the angle they're going to spin it so if you're happy with that, i'd say go for it.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
You'll be portrayed as a no-life geek just like that guy up in NYC. I'm not going to let them film me if television cameras show up to film the lines at At&t. They can interview someone else. The two newspaper articles were bad enough.