Thinking about getting a HTC phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kathie63, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Kathie63

Kathie63 Member
    Bronze

My daughter is with US Cellular and she just got the HTC Desire, very nice phone, she has office, flash, and she can talk and the phone will type and then send a text message. Apple really stiffles their customers with the iPhone. I am going to go look at the HTC's and maybe sell my iPhone 4 and buy one of those.

2. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

Why are you posting this on an iPhone forum?

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. Stupiderlikeafox

Stupiderlikeafox New Member
    Bronze

Why not? Seems a reasonable subject for discussion. Especially if the op is interested in reasons against changing.

5. cabinets

cabinets Member
    Bronze

I ditched the iPhone 4 a month ago for the Droid X and could not be more pleased. Not a perfect phone but the google voice search and functions are incredibly impressive. You can speak to text, email, search anything. It's awesome. I used it yesterday by simply saying, "call Publix", and it dialed the nearest one to me by way of cell towers. It was not in my phonebook. It really is amazing.

6. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

I saw no requests for reasons against changing. Just a statement. It's like going to a Ford Auto forum and posting, hey, I think I'm gonna buy a Chevy. Just saying.

7. Alkali

Alkali Member
    Bronze

Well i think i should say a word or two. When it comes to sheer beauty,fantastic screen resolution and and a phone to show to friends and DARLINGS for ten years to come NOTHING and NOTHING can touch the iPhone 4! The quality of the devise is unsurfaced!I have had ten iPhones since their first inseption.

But if you want a workman's phone and a phone that does all your JOBS while you sleep go for HTC DESIRE HD or any of the windows 7 new phone( they did great jobs in each) but the quality of the materials used is in question!
    finally though i have all the listed above there is no room for compare! they are all KINGS in their RIGHT. I will never part with the iPhone 4 for any of the above nor part the above listed for iPhone 4.PERIOD!iPhone 4 is a party goer and my Girlie promise me bye when i part with it.

8. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

Umnmm yeah.

9. Eragon

Eragon Zealot
    Gold

Come over to EverythingAndroid.com for more discussions related to your interest in any Android devices.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe

10. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I know I tend to sound anti-android, but I'm really not. I just haven't found an Android OS that I'm really happy with yet. Maybe Gingerbread...

11. Stupiderlikeafox

Bronze

Not really. It's like an iPhone 4 owner posting in an iPhone 4 forum about 'thinking' of switching to another phone. With reasons.

Many a good discussion is started with a statement, rather than a question.

Seems churlish to question why an iPhone 4 owner is posting in here. Even if it is to say that they think another phone may be better suited to them.

Just saying'.

12. Kathie63

Kathie63 Member
    Bronze

Well I thought i mentioned why--"Apple really stiffles their customers with the iPhone."

It is ridiculous how Apple has to control what we want on our phones, w/o having to jb. They are so arrogant and controlling it gets tiring.

Don't get me wrong I love my iPhone 4 but there are things that it JUST CAN'T DO. I will try the HTC for 30 days and if I don't like it I will return it and go back to my iPhone4.

13. Stupiderlikeafox

Bronze

I used a Desire for a couple of weeks and found it an excellent device. It wasn't mine so I didn't keep it, but would certainly understand someone choosing it over an iPhone.

Personally I prefer the iPhone 4, but there really isn't much in it. The HTC's are the closest I've seen to the Apple product.

14. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

That sounds fair enough. Android users do "root" their phones as well, so apparently not all is completely open. What bugs me is that not all OS upgrades are available to all Android phones on all carriers. That's not a blanket condemnation, just an observation.

15. Eragon

Eragon Zealot
    Gold

What things are you hoping to be able to do with the HTC that you can't with the iPhone?

16. Alkali

Alkali Member
    Bronze

Bluetooth!

17. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Heheh - you might have a point there.

18. medenblik

medenblik Contributor
    Silver

I like my iPhone 4 where I am talking to someone but then can get on the internet to search for something while I am talking to them...............the others cannot.............

19. Kathie63

Kathie63 Member
    Bronze

EXACTLY! My bluetooth sucks! Muffled and disconnects. WTH I can't even use the bluetooth in my car! What is wrong with Apple anyway! I wish they would get their heads out of you know where. They need to step up their game the rest is passing them by.

20. canamera

canamera Zealot
    Gold

Apple has some issues to fix, but I don't think they're really worried about anyone "passing them by"!

21. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Agreed. People get so hyper.