Thinking about getting a MS Surface?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Rafagon, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius

2. Wow. A 32G Surface leaves only about 16G to play with? Jeesh. Good old Windows.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. imutter

imutter Genius

The Mall has a Microsoft Holiday SHop set up
    I went over to just see how they look like
    Nvere would I get one ! Boxy bulky heavy (after the mini no comparision) that stand on the back is so cheap looking to me. Just had no appeal to me, besides the colorful keyboard. That is cute.
    I tried to play around but new to the software got frustrated the minute I got stuck in the mail screen.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius

Attached Files:

6. To be fair, according to the article, Microsoft makes no secret of this fact on its web site and explains what is taking up the extra storage space.
  7. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius

The commercials are cool.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app
  8. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius

16 out of 32? I'm impressed.
  9. Santa

Santa Evangelist

Not saying I'm going to buy one, but the fact it accepts an SDHC card helps mitigate the problem.
  10. TarekElsakka

TarekElsakka Genius

Although Microsoft is pretty dumb to use 16GB out of a 32GB device, I agree with you; my HTC One X is 32GB and I only get about 29GB of it but it accepts no SD cards and the applications and games are much heavier than the iPhone's since the screen is larger, I suppose, so it would have been nice if it had a SD slot.
  11. Europa

Europa Moderator

To be fair, it's Microsoft and everyone should know it's going to be as bloated as the zombie who consumed Lori. :D
    • Like Like x 1
  12. liberated

liberated Evangelist

I'd consider a windows 8 surface (full windows) in certain settings, business but not as an entertainment machine. I sure don't like touching the screen on my iMac so having this where you have to touch the screen it's a no go for me.
  13. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius

I haven't watched the last 3 episodes. Damn it LOL
  14. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius

Sounds horrible! Was Lori a member here at eiC? I'm so sorry to hear of this tragedy.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app
  15. fury

fury Evangelist

I'm kind of curious what all is taking up the space. Somebody needs to port WinDirStat over to it...stat!

My full-blown Windows 7 64-bit install and Office 2007 is just on the other side of 17 gb, and that's because I've got 3 gb of installer files sitting in the Windows\Installer directory.
  16. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius

Continuing with its trend of putting out total BS crap hardware, the new 64 GB Surface "Pro" from Microsoft will only have 23 GB of usable storage...
  17. Santa

Santa Evangelist

That might be true, but the really silly thing is that they even offer a Pro with only 64 Gb. It's a full Windows PC. Who would actually buy a PC with only 64 Gb?
    • Like Like x 1
  18. liberated

liberated Evangelist

MacBook Air ring a bell? :D

Sent using iCafe app
  19. chris

chris Administrator

Their smart cover (not sure what they call it) is very well done. Feels solid when connected.
  20. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius

chris as Windows equipment in his home!?!?! :eek:
  21. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius

Re: above post,

That's very odd, even after clicking on The Chris from the list of users that is shown, it keeps on taking the "h" from "has" and selecting Chris H. I've tried it multiple times and nothing...

Mods, if you have a sec, could you try to reproduce this, and see if it's just me?