Thinking about getting an HTC phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by reginaalear, Dec 21, 2011.

1. reginaalear

reginaalear Member
    Bronze

I've had so much trouble with my iPhone 4 since I got it on preorder day that I'm considering using my upgrade to get a HTC. Can anyone tell me if the new iPhone has as many problems as the 4? My problems with it are yellow pictures with flash, Bluetooth sounds robotic, it says searching for signal & requires 3-4 resets, and dropped calls. I exchanged it once and the second time they said there was nothing wrong with it but I know there is. I've never used anything in the last 4 years other than Apple so I'm worried about going to something else. I know this isn't the best place to ask this, but what do you all think?

2. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

Bluetooth & the antenna have been improved. I assume you've got a case on it. Check if that's what's causing you grief with the photos. The camera on the 4S has received a significant upgrade.

Keep in mind you'd be walking away from your app investments when changing platforms. Also there's a bit of a technical learning curve so if the ease of Apple's UI is a plus than make sure to familiarize yourself with the return details on the HTC so you get a trial period without getting stuck with it unless you're sure you want to keep it.

Finally, only the high end Android's can compete with an iPhone. Anything less is purely for savings and a consumer that isn't asking as much from a smartphone.

Size might also be an issue for you but weight is usually lighter with the new Androids.

Hope that's helpful :)

Sent from my mobilephone using Tapatalk

3. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

What about using your upgrade for the iPhone 4S? You could also try another genius appointment and maybe you'll have a more understanding genius.

4. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Thread moved to the iPhone section.

5. mcintire21

mcintire21 New Member

My wife and both have the 4 with none of the problems u describe. I never even noticed the antennae issue. I've since upgraded to the 4s. It works great also, the battery may drain a little faster but it's not very noticeable. I'd upgrade to the 4s. Siri is great. U can customize vibration ringtones for each caller.

6. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

Persevere with your iPhone 4 if you can... use your upgrade later in the new year on the new iPhone5....as a stop gap the 4s is ok.... Don't be tempted to go to the dark side;)...Good luck :)

7. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Have you always had the carrier or switched ?

8. rambo47

rambo47 Contributor
    Silver

My iPhone 4s has been flawless from day 1.

9. peterthomas

peterthomas Member
    Bronze

Mine had a battery issue as well as camera but Siri compensate for all of the problems. :)

10. reginaalear

reginaalear Member
    Bronze

Well my husband thought I wanted the HTC Inspire so he went and traded my iPhone 4 to someone. Maybe I'm just a simple kind of girl, but wow that phone gives me a headache. I'm so glad that I can upgrade Feb.1st because I'm sure I'm going to be getting a 4s. I can't be to mad at my husband because he thought he was doing the right thing, but I must admit for 2 days I thought I was going to cry. :DI've found a couple things I actually like better about the phone, but overall iPhone is better in my opinion anyways.

11. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

@Reniaalear, I guess it's the thought that counts ;)

12. Jmbaker429

Jmbaker429 Evangelist
    Gold

oh no. That's crazy. At least you have an upgrade soon.

13. reginaalear

reginaalear Member
    Bronze

I know I thought I was going to cry. I truly felt like it for a couple days. I do like that the screen is bigger but I need my iPhone back. I'm looking forward to getting the 4s.

14. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

We won't hold it against you, since Hubby made that command decision.
    LOL

15. Jmbaker429

Jmbaker429 Evangelist
    Gold

I do like the screen size. You'll love the 4s. It's awesome. I went from the 3GS to 4s. I have no complaints. It's a very nice device.

16. amishboxer

amishboxer New Member

I had the HTC Inspire myself before switching to the iPhone 4. I enjoyed the screen size but the poor battery life just killed it for me. I would be lucky to get 3 hours of use out of it before having to recharge the thing. It's not a bad phone...HTC simply used too small of a battery for that size display. But if you can recharge without a problem throughout the day you'll find it's a fun phone. :)

17. reginaalear

reginaalear Member
    Bronze

Well my husband felt so bad for trading my iPhone 4 off for a HTC inspire that he got me a new white 4s today. I'm so happy!

18. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Whoa whoa whoa. Hold on a minute. There is an iPhone 4s ? S? Really?

I'm kidding.
    Congrats on your new phone. Good call on the white also. That's a good husband.

19. reginaalear

reginaalear Member
    Bronze

I posted a new topic, but maybe it can be merged? My husband felt so bad about trading off my phone that he went and got me a white 4s today. He also got himself a black 4s. He had the 3GS. I'm going to try to sell the 3GS to get some of the cost back.

20. Ms Cola

Ms Cola Member
    Bronze

Congratulations! I really like my white iPhone 4S. I had an 4 and was happy with it but I really love the 4S.