Thinking About Getting iPhone 6Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by EverythingApple, Jun 9, 2015.

1. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

I have the 6 on AT&T Next 24 (30 payments). I have 10 payments complete. The phone is 6 months old since I got it replaced for being bent.

Can I pay remaining balance off, sell it and buy a 6Plus on Next?

And, how much can I ask for it? It's the white/silver 64GB in immaculate condition. It's unlocked. I'm including all included accessories and over $100 in cases, and AppleCare+ if they want to transfer it to them. I live in NJ.

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Yes.

I'n on the 12 month plan and am not eligible for a upgrade until September on AT&T. However, I can pay $180-something now to gain immediate eligibility. I don't plan to, but that's another option.

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I don't think this is correct. Your 128 GB iPhone 6 Plus was financed for $949. You should still owe more than half of that at this point since you're on the 20-month payoff (12-month upgrade) plan and on installment 8 or 9 of 20. I think what they meant is you can pay $180 right now, turn the phone into AT&T and then get a different phone on Next with no upfront cost except tax. You would have to pay it off in full right now to be eligible to keep it and sell it privately, which is what @EverythingApple wants to do.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yes, but you will have to pay it off in full to keep it and sell it privately. You should still owe around $449 if you have the plan with 20 installments. You can find this information by going to Billing and Usage on your AT&T account and then selecting Bill. If you pay the $449, you can probably sell it for around $550 and profit $100. Of course, it's not really a profit if you factor in the $300 you've already paid in installments, but that's basically a rental charge.

I have the same phone as you and I got it on launch day. My early payoff amount is $486 right now (it will be $449 in a few days after my next installment of $37). I plan on just turning it in to AT&T in September and getting a 6s because dealing with craigslist isn't worth the small profit I would make by paying it off and selling it privately.

If I were you, I would just wait for the 6s Plus in September.

5. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I forgot to mention the part about turning the phone in. You're correct. You're just paying the amount due up until the 12-month eligibility date (September in my case).

6. EverythingApple

Gold

I got a hit from someone who has Sprint. Does the 5c with Sprint have a SIM card? I think she'll pay 750, if it does. If not, she should be able to go to Sprint and get one, right?

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Sprint has a SIM card for use when traveling overseas and accessing GSM networks, but the Sprint network uses CDMA. She will not be able to use your GSM AT&T phone on Sprint if that's what you're asking. Your phone doesn't have a CDMA radio chip.

8. EverythingApple

Gold

Yup. Thanks.

9. EverythingApple

Gold

I checked out the 6Plus and I like it. I don't think it's too big for me. I'll wait for the "s" to come out before I jump ship.

10. EverythingApple

Gold

So I got two offers for my 6 for $600.

I can pay off my Next for about $468.11 (after my current bill is paid) or $499.32 (before my bill) and keep my iPhone, or

Pay $312.10 and have to turn it in.

I think the payoff and keep is the best option, as I'll also get some extra money.

My quandary is do I wait for the 6sPlus? Will I still get offers for $600? Or sell now and get the Plus, and if I want the 6sPlus, I can just pay off Next and get it?

11. diverdown

diverdown Contributor
    Silver

I bought my iPhone 6+ (64gb) in January on TMobile. The phone was great during the winter and fit well in my jacket. However, as the weather warmed I noticed that it was just to big for me when not wearing a jacket. Just picked up a 64gb 6, so it's off to Craigslist for the 6+.....

~S

12. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I definitely would wait. It's less than three months.

13. EverythingApple

Gold

But the phone won't be avail in stores in Sept. I need to sell my 6 the day I get my 6+.

14. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Why will it not be in stores in September? Launch day is most likely September 18fh. Won't they be in stores then?

15. EverythingApple

Gold

I was asking.

16. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It will be available in stores on launch day, which will likely be in September.

17. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

18. EverythingApple

Gold

I booted one of my buyers as he wouldn't meet where I wanted to. Sounded like it might've been a setup. I might pull my ad and wait for the "s".

19. diverdown

diverdown Contributor
    Silver

To bad your not on T-Mobile. I just picked up a 6 and am most likely going to sell my 74gb 6+.....

20. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

That should fetch a great price! :D