Thinking about investing in Stock

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Unbiased opinions please. What do you think I should buy? Apple is at 143.01 right now which is pretty low I think but I'm not sure when to buy and what not. Experienced users help me out! Thankyou

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I started to answer and then did not want to be responsible for you losing your money if I suck...Then I started again. A financial planner is better than me!

My husband buys ours and he looks at the stocks and how they have done over the past few years, and then also thinks about what is happening now that may impact that company. I will tell you some stocks we have now: GE, TRST, HD, DKS (I put them in my iPhone stock thing). I know we have more, but I do not know what they all are.

What happened to your avatar?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I had somewhat of a financial windfall last January when I came into a little under $30K. I thought then about investing in Apple stock, but I did not. With my luck I would have rode it waaay past the $200/share peak last fall. Of course if I still had it, it would have doubled in value.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
I don't know what happened to my avatar I'll have to fix it.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
We all know that I'm an Apple freak, but I really do recommend their stock. I've had it for several years and profited from it greatly. It was up at $200 a month or two ago, but after the market drop, it fell down to about $110. It's still rising steadily though, as it usually does. It gained about 12 dollars on Thursday and Friday.

AAPL.jpg

- John

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
with the upcoming release of iPhone 2 and the app store coming up which will generate more first version iPhone sales I can only see APPL increasing toward the end of the year.

Then again you never know how the stock market will play out especially in a down economy.

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
Gah. Stocks are the last place I'd put my money at this time, unless you have plenty of it and can leave it alone for several years. The economy is going to go nowhere this year; likely not next year, either.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Gah. Stocks are the last place I'd put my money at this time, unless you have plenty of it and can leave it alone for several years. The economy is going to go nowhere this year; likely not next year, either.
What do you recommend CDs?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Because iPhone stocks are completely depleted in the Apple stores in New York, some people are saying that Apple is letting the stock on the original iPhone run down before the release of the new version. Some are saying the new one might be coming in May.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
I guess I look at it the opposite way. I look to get in while stocks are down and I think Apple is a pretty strong buy right now. I've lost about 10k in the last few months but I'm not going to pull my money and run. I look at it as a longterm deal and things are in a down cycle right now but will bounce back eventually. If everyone stopped investing bc the economy is down it would kill the economy.

Feb 12, 2008
I think investing in Share is really risky, no one knows what happened at which moment. I have earned good money in investing money but lost a big part of money too.

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
I guess I look at it the opposite way. I look to get in while stocks are down and I think Apple is a pretty strong buy right now. I've lost about 10k in the last few months but I'm not going to pull my money and run. I look at it as a longterm deal and things are in a down cycle right now but will bounce back eventually. If everyone stopped investing bc the economy is down it would kill the economy.
I agree with buying in low. A lot depends on the individual's financial position, staying power, and whether they can lose the money. I have lost a fortune in the last year, even with conservative investments.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I agree with buying in low. A lot depends on the individual's financial position, staying power, and whether they can lose the money. I have lost a fortune in the last year, even with conservative investments.
I think your long term investments will come back. My husband bought Krispy Kreme at one point (I think right before they cooked the books instead of donuts). We lost money there. I gave him a razzing for that one! lol!