Thinking about making the 3G jump ( again)

Aug 8, 2007
ok guys I need your opinion on the 3G , I had one when it was first released but was disappointed with all the bugs and service issues. So I went back to the 2G, a couple months have passed and I'm think bout buying myself one for Christmas.

So all my 3G owners ( Especially all my NY heads, I live in queens) how is the phone bugs and 3G service coverage.

Is now a good time to go back or should wait a litle longer.
I really want that 3G speed for my email and internet.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by a moderator:

miggs1310

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
I've had the 3g since the first weekend and haven't had any of the problems people were complaining about, but I live in Dallas so I'm probably not helping...

Or maybe I'm just more tolerant of the bugs, I've owned multiple WM phones and the iPhone "bugs" are nothing by comparison. It's the easiest "smartphone" I've ever owned, I'm very happy with it.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Well, if you're planning on waiting until Christmas, I would at least wait to see if there is a memory increase. I have been wanting for a 32 GB iPhone since I had my v1 but as of yet, we don't have one. You have made it this far without the 3G that a month and a half aren't really going to seem like that much (hopefully) and maybe within that time Apple will announce a memory upgrade.

Of course, if you're completely satisfied with 8 or 16 GB, then I say go for it. Most of the major bugs and quirks have been worked out. Also, it is rumored that 2.2 is being released on Friday, so that is sure to improve things even more.

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
I had my 3G since release day(10hr wait in line). My first problem was one or two signal bars on 3G. The first update came and fixed that but then I had more dropped calls. Well the second update came out and then less drop calls and full 3G bars most of the time. My only problem now is that safari crashes on me all the time. Other than that there's no problem.

Y-Less

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Netherlands, The
I can't tell you about the service coverage, I am in the Netherlands, but since Firmware 2.0, the 3G has been improved with service coverage.

the_monitor

Bronze
Sep 30, 2008
MA
Service all depends on where you are, using ATT's service locator, you can see if you will be able to use 3G or not in your area. Having only had my iPhone for a week, and switching from Verizon (where I had an account for about 8 years) I can say ATT in Massachusetts is awesome. I have no regrets about getting this phone.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
The iPhone 3G is pretty good. I don't know how it was back then because I never tried it before, just bought it a couple of weeks ago and it's working efficiently. Go ahead, don't pass Christmas before buying it :D.

Aug 8, 2007
Thanks for the feedback..

now that the 2.2 update is out hows the safari and service issues ( for those of u who have had issues)?