Thinking About Trying Out The Galaxy Note 2

ITS ME DAVID

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 8, 2010
L.A C.A
well I have an iPhone 5 and my Gf has a 4s. I'm thinking of giving her my 5 and continue to use the 4s and when the galaxy note 2 comes out either end of October or sometime around November ill upgrade her line and try it out for the 30days I'm allowed before the return wears out.

Who out there is interested in the note 2? Specs look good on paper but I always wanted the original note so I figured why not.

Specs: Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100 at a glance:

General: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz; UMTS 850/900/1900/2100 MHz, HSDPA 21 Mbps, HSUPA 5.76 Mbps; LTE 700/2100 MHz, 100Mbps down, 50Mbps up
Form factor: Touchscreen bar phablet
Dimensions: 151.1 x 80.5 x 9.4 mm, 180 g
Display: 5.5" 16M-color HD (720 x 1280 pixels) Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, Gorilla Glass 2
Stylus: S Pen, 1024 pressure levels, hover functionality
Chipset: Exynos 4212 Quad
CPU: Quad-core ARM Cortex-A9 1.6 GHz processor
GPU: Mali-400MP
RAM: 2GB
Memory: 16/32/64GB storage, microSD card slot
Still camera: 8 megapixel auto-focus camera with backlit sensor, face detection and Best faces feature, touch focus and image stabilization;
Video camera: Full HD (1080p) video recording at 30fps, LED flash, 1.9MP front facing camera, video-calls
Connectivity: Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0, standard microUSB port with MHL features (TV Out, USB host), GPS receiver with A-GPS and GLONASS, 3.5mm audio jack, FM radio, NFC
Battery: 3100 mAh
Misc: TouchWiz 4.0 UI, Extremely rich video/audio codec support, built-in accelerometer, multi-touch input, proximity sensor, gyroscope sensor, Smart stay and Smart rotation eye-tracking, S Voice

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Although this isn't really the right forum to ask about the Note II in, I'd say give it a shot. I for one wouldn't mind going from an iOS to an Android, simply because I haven't had an iPhone for quite a while now and I'm okay with it. Of course I'm longing for the iPhone 5 and waiting for it to come out in Egypt so I can hopefully buy it from my network provider, but that's because I haven't had anything ever since the iPhone 4 first came out, so it's been a long time and I miss it.

If I had been using a 4 and then a 4S, I probably wouldn't have been dying to upgrade to an iPhone 5. I tend to get bored of devices, and operating systems, rather quickly, and trying out something new and different like the Galaxy Note II would be nice, especially since you'll have a 30-day return policy. My friend has the Galaxy Note I and it is a very, very nice device with a great display quality and a very responsive touch-screen, and of course really nice applications and such; the only downfall about the Note I is its size, in my opinion, as it is just way too big (I know, I know, TWSS) :D.

neo

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
murf, Tn
I have the Galaxy Note 1 and it wasa great phone. I really didn't carry my tab when using that phone, but blue tooth ear piece was a must. Was looking at the Note 2 also (phone is going to be a beast). I decided based off my uses of the Note 1 although loved the s pen I didn't use it much so am loving the 5 right now.
My choice was the Ip5 and bought the Note Tab 10.1. Best of both worlds and now have an adequate screen for the s pen and still have the solid IP5. Just my .02. That said I am. a phone whore and still may get one down the road but with the current two devices really have no need

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
Whatever u decide don't buy the Note through the carrier store. Walmart usually has it cheaper by about $50. Also expect the original note to drop its price. Probably in half.

theorioles33

Evangelist
Silver
Jul 21, 2007
USA
I just saw that the Note 2 has a 5.5 inch screen! I thought 5 was too big. Thats crazy. I have a GS3 which I really like. And thats saying a lot coming from an iPhone whore like myself. :) I have a iPhone 5 on order. My 4S went to my daughter and my wife already has the new iPhone thanks to me pre-ordering for her. I will hold on to my GS3 since I like to switch it up now and then.

ITS ME DAVID

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 8, 2010
L.A C.A
yes I like the note 2 case of the screen size and I like how they didn't make the phone bigger I heard in fact it's smaller them the note 1. also the screen is much better since try ditched the pentile screen on the note 1 and the s3