Thinking of buying iPhone after price drop, but have questions

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Boatski

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
Since I seen the price drop yesterday I've been thinking about the iPhone. I'm probably going to pick one up today while I'm on lunch.

Hearing all the good and bad about the phone kind of makes me go back and forth on my decision.

-I don't understand the EDGE network too much. I've got a Razr right now. The net on it is not terribly slow. Not sure how the iPhone's net is compared.

-Speaker/sound quality. I've heard this isn't too great? Not having a good speaker phone/sound or vibrate doesn't pull me in too much. The Razr's vibrate is pretty bad, I miss a few calls sometimes when I need to have it on vibrate, but the speaker phone isn't too bad.

-File manager, I've heard this isn't too great either? But it can be updated?

-No mass texting from what I've been told. Not much of a problem though.

Are any of these things I've listed not true?

I know you have to use iTunes to activate it. I'm assuming you can use any PC with iTunes to activate the phone.

cherry ghost

Bronze
Aug 18, 2007
search the threads

i see that you're a newbie with this being your first post so you might not know how these forums run.

simply search the threads first, if you can't find an answer ask it. every question you've asked has its own thread. you'll get a more definitive answer as people are unlikely to answer questions that have already been asked.

hope you find this helpful.

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Since I seen the price drop yesterday I've been thinking about the iPhone. I'm probably going to pick one up today while I'm on lunch.

Hearing all the good and bad about the phone kind of makes me go back and forth on my decision.

-I don't understand the EDGE network too much. I've got a Razr right now. The net on it is not terribly slow. Not sure how the iPhone's net is compared.

-Speaker/sound quality. I've heard this isn't too great? Not having a good speaker phone/sound or vibrate doesn't pull me in too much. The Razr's vibrate is pretty bad, I miss a few calls sometimes when I need to have it on vibrate, but the speaker phone isn't too bad.

-File manager, I've heard this isn't too great either? But it can be updated?

-No mass texting from what I've been told. Not much of a problem though.

Are any of these things I've listed not true?

I know you have to use iTunes to activate it. I'm assuming you can use any PC with iTunes to activate the phone.
If you razr is AT&T it is on edge, the same thing your iPhone will use.

No mass texting.
No file manager.
My speaker phone is fine.

Any pc/mac with iTunes will work.

The vibrate is strong, but only vibrates once for email and sms.

Go buy one already. It will make you cool like us. :cool:

Boatski

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
If you razr is AT&T it is on edge, the same thing your iPhone will use.

No mass texting.
No file manager.
My speaker phone is fine.

Any pc/mac with iTunes will work.

The vibrate is strong, but only vibrates once for email and sms.

Go buy one already. It will make you cool like us. :cool:
Ha I'm going on lunch here in 2 hours to check it out.

Thanks for the reply.