Thinking of going back to iPhone 5 from 5S

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by budala15, Dec 20, 2013.

1. budala15

budala15 Member
    Bronze

I don't see any big differences between the two. I renewed my two year contract with AT&T just to get the 5S. I think I'm going to go back to the 5 and pay early termination fees and just leave it at that. I can sell my 5S for $700 or more on ebay.

#1 budala15, Dec 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2013
  2. Leo

Leo Zealot
    Silver

Kind of the same reason I opted-out of upgrading this year. Still kickin' with my 5.

3. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I can certainly understand this move. I work from home and typically, I don't have a need to use Touch ID. I do go out (as crazy as this sounds) and don't use a password. That's not the smartest idea and wouldn't advise anyone to do that. If I were more of an out and about guy, I'd benefit more from TouchID.

The slow motion video is cool, but again, I'm not a frequent user of that feature.

As for the camera, it is better, but I think lighting conditions and the person shooting can offset the improvements of the camera.

When I returned my first iPhone 5s, I went back to my original iPhone 5 and it felt fine. It wasn't as if the drop-off was big.

I will say that over time, the 64-bit processor of the iPhone 5s will be a benefit. Right now, I'm not so certain. I'm also of the opinion that the iPhone 5s is a bit buggy with iOS 7.

4. budala15

budala15 Member
    Bronze

My dilemma now is where to find an iPhone 5 that I can trust. I really don't like ebay or amazon for these things.

5. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I know some people don't like Craigslist, but I've sold my iPhones there on a number of occasions. I know other members have as well. At least, you can see the visual condition of the iPhone and test your SIM card. Make a few calls, check the data. That would be my move. I'm not sure if you have more or less negotiating on iPhones using Craigslist. The seller has a limited market. In my case, I wasn't budging on my price. It didn't cost me anything to list, so I didn't have any risk.

6. budala15

budala15 Member
    Bronze

I've sold a lot on CL, I just don't prefer buying on CL.

7. 47seijar

47seijar Zealot
    Bronze

Check out Swappa.com. I've done some deals there and everything is on the square. They even do an IMEI verification of each phone before they allow the listing.

Sent using iCafe app