Thinking of Swapping

Discussion in 'iPhone 7' started by coop1701, Nov 18, 2016.

1. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

Hey Guys.. I've had a iPhone 7 since launch day. But I miss the bigger screen on the Plus. My local Apple Store has Pluses in now. Really thinking about selling my Phone on Craigslist and getting a Plus. I love the matte black too..., But after getting to hold a Jet Black and play with it for a bit. It's really not slick like I thought it would be. I had a feeling it would be all slippery.

Any big complaints from the Jet Black users after a few months of use? Are the micro Scratches as bad as everyone said they would be?

2. Declan Mills

Declan Mills New Member

I have the jet black, but it is in a case. There's absolutely no way the glossy finish would survive being slung in and out of my pocket all day.

3. Woesong

Woesong Member
    Bronze

It's like the old rancher watching his voluptuous younger wife parade around in the newest style muttered: <i>"I don't have to see it if I know it's there."</i>

Sort of like burying the most expensive iPhone and hiding it under a case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I've only had mine for two weeks, but no complaints. It's not slippery like the other finish. It's actually has more grip than an Apple leather case. I don't see any scratches yet, but I'm not going to let them bother me just like I don't let the microscratches on the screen bother me.

5. diverdown

diverdown Contributor
    Silver

I had the iPhone 7 since launch day, but switched over to the 7+ in November. The Apple store actually took back my 7 gave me a gift card with the full amount on it and I used that to purchase the 7+. I got the matte black, so I can not comment on the Jet black finish. The plus is great, loving the bigger screen and the new camera.

~S

6. Woesong

Woesong Member
    Bronze

I'm seeing all sorts of variables at . My son had a failing out-of-warranty 6 Plus replaced after some three years! And you turn back a new iPhone for full price after how long? I was told I could see a refund only within the first two weeks. My dead SE was swapped with mere hours to spare! After that, it's the refurb replacement route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

I have to take my wife's phone in due to the battery issue with the 6s this week. I plan to make the change then. I'm excited. I think I miss the battery life on my plus the most. Looking forward to the new Camera too.