Thinking of Swapping

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Hey Guys.. I've had a iPhone 7 since launch day. But I miss the bigger screen on the Plus. My local Apple Store has Pluses in now. Really thinking about selling my Phone on Craigslist and getting a Plus. I love the matte black too..., But after getting to hold a Jet Black and play with it for a bit. It's really not slick like I thought it would be. I had a feeling it would be all slippery.

Any big complaints from the Jet Black users after a few months of use? Are the micro Scratches as bad as everyone said they would be?

Woesong

Bronze
Feb 12, 2013
I have the jet black, but it is in a case. There's absolutely no way the glossy finish would survive being slung in and out of my pocket all day.
It's like the old rancher watching his voluptuous younger wife parade around in the newest style muttered: <i>"I don't have to see it if I know it's there."</i>

Sort of like burying the most expensive iPhone and hiding it under a case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Hey Guys.. I've had a iPhone 7 since launch day. But I miss the bigger screen on the Plus. My local Apple Store has Pluses in now. Really thinking about selling my Phone on Craigslist and getting a Plus. I love the matte black too..., But after getting to hold a Jet Black and play with it for a bit. It's really not slick like I thought it would be. I had a feeling it would be all slippery.

Any big complaints from the Jet Black users after a few months of use? Are the micro Scratches as bad as everyone said they would be?
I've only had mine for two weeks, but no complaints. It's not slippery like the other finish. It's actually has more grip than an Apple leather case. I don't see any scratches yet, but I'm not going to let them bother me just like I don't let the microscratches on the screen bother me.

diverdown

Contributor
Silver
Sep 12, 2007
NYC

I had the iPhone 7 since launch day, but switched over to the 7+ in November. The Apple store actually took back my 7 gave me a gift card with the full amount on it and I used that to purchase the 7+. I got the matte black, so I can not comment on the Jet black finish. The plus is great, loving the bigger screen and the new camera.

~S

Woesong

Bronze
Feb 12, 2013
I had the iPhone 7 since launch day, but switched over to the 7+ in November. The Apple store actually took back my 7 gave me a gift card with the full amount on it and I used that to purchase the 7+.

~S
I'm seeing all sorts of variables at . My son had a failing out-of-warranty 6 Plus replaced after some three years! And you turn back a new iPhone for full price after how long? I was told I could see a refund only within the first two weeks. My dead SE was swapped with mere hours to spare! After that, it's the refurb replacement route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I have to take my wife's phone in due to the battery issue with the 6s this week. I plan to make the change then. I'm excited. I think I miss the battery life on my plus the most. Looking forward to the new Camera too.