Thinking of trading iPhone 6s Plus for Galaxy Note 5

Discussion in 'iPhone 6S' started by Ddrumbum, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Ddrumbum

Ddrumbum Member
    Bronze

So I have been really thinking a lot about trading my iPhone 6S Plus for a Samsung Note 5.

Before the bashing begins, I love apple everything, I own an iMac, 4 iPhones, Apple TV, 3 iPads, Apple Watch and more.

I just find that with the note 5, there is sooooo much more things the phone and os is capable of doing, I love the s-pen, the camera features, the customization, the list really goes on. With Apple, everything is so restricted, and frankly I'm kind of tired of it.

So now the bashing can begin. What is your thoughts? Do you think I should make the switch or suck it up and be happy with what I have?

2. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

I flop back and forth between Android and iPhone all the time.. Heck right now I have a Nexus 5X and an iPhone 6S...

Nothing wrong with Android.. Give it a go and if you don't like it, sell it and get another 6... Problem solved! :D

3. Ddrumbum

Ddrumbum Member
    Bronze

Good call, thx man!

4. 47seijar

47seijar Zealot
    Bronze

There is no "best" phone. I think it's only smart to try everything available to you and make a decision based on your own experience. I'm always in favor of exploring options and searching for what works best for you.

5. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Go with what floats your boat. All the best smartphones have decent cameras now. They all have their strengths and weaknesses. I'm not so much into customization. I just want things to work well. I recently picked up a Note 5 for my son. He got the 64 gb model. It's a nice gadget.

6. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

I have both iPhone 6s Plus and a Note 5. The Note 5 is a productive powerhouse with the S-Pen and S-note app.

7. Chancellor

Chancellor Contributor
    Bronze

I've used both recently , both solid devices :).

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

8. Mthoroughbred

Mthoroughbred Contributor
    Silver

It's good to try different os/phones see what you like and don't like. I personally will stay with the iPhone always have been but I think it's cause I'm use to it more then I think it's the best phone. It's not that I don't like android it's more that I prefer iPhone over all of them. But like other people have said in the thread give it a go and see if you like it. Who knows you just might.

9. 47seijar

47seijar Zealot
    Bronze

Just to add a little context, here's recent pricing data on Verizon models of both phones from Swappa:
    6sPlus.png GNote5.png

10. Sassytallsista

Sassytallsista Contributor
    Bronze

I have a 6plus and a Note 5. I like them both for different reasons. I love the ease of use and seamless transition between devices I get with The 6plus.... I think droid is too cumbersome and the bloat ware is ridiculous. I do like the stylus integration and the look and feel of the Note...the personalization is a plus as well. At the end of the day I would choose apple/ 6 plus over the Note.....but I can understand why droid lovers like Samsung's lineup...

11. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

How do you like the Nexus 5X. I'm seriously contemplating getting one now that they dropped the price.

12. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

It's a good phone.. My only complaint with it is it's size. It's pretty darn big for a 5.2" screen.

The fingerprint reader is accurate and fast! The placement of it on back is a bummer at times when the phone is flat on a desk and you want to just unlock the screen without picking it up.

Overall I am happy with it and for the price, it's a killer phone.