Thinner MB- But R They Really?

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
I've looked at the new MacBooks on Apple's site and I cant determine by the pictures if the new MB's are thinner.

Has anyone gotten one yet or even seen the new ones up close? I wont be Apple to get to the store until the weekend; so if anyone here knows- please chime in.

That's the way I saw it too. Been some upgrades internally but same shell.
Not exactly the same shell.

The lid is made slightly different, apparently to stop it from cracking like in the past.

My local BestBuy has the new white MacBooks in stock and I'm trying to decide on whether I want to get one of these or wait a day or two for a Black Book.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Not exactly the same shell.

The lid is made slightly different, apparently to stop it from cracking like in the past.

My local BestBuy has the new white MacBooks in stock and I'm trying to decide on whether I want to get one of these or wait a day or two for a Black Book.
Thanks for the info. on the shell. My vote is for the black.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
I think the white is sleek. I'm curious why so many people from at white when making their choice on which one to buy. I thought the black would show more smudges.

I think the white is sleek. I'm curious why so many people from at white when making their choice on which one to buy. I thought the black would show more smudges.
I've pretty much made up my mind to get the white Macbook with the 160GB drive. The only difference I think, is the bigger hard drive on the black one. Not worth paying $200 more just for that.

I'll be getting mine on Sunday.