Third party app Desperately Needed! $$$

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sep 17, 2007
So, many iPhone users are in the medical/health related field of work and are at odds with the phone. There are practically no software programs available for the iPhone. Anyone know if unlocking the iPhone to third party apps would allow programs that work on a blackberry, or windows based pda phone, to work. Programs such as Epocrates and Skyscape (software version) Since many of us are doctors, or soon will be, there may be some excellent money available for someone who could figure it out! (Especially Epocrates-that'd be huge)

I'm totally serious, there is a petition with at least a couple hundred physicians who are petitioning Steve Jobs and the makers of Epocrates to get this program on the iPhone. There has to be a programmar or someone who can mess around with the application and get it to work. 250 doctors X $50 a pop = $12,500 and I think that is underestimated by about 10000 doctors.

http://www.geeknuz.com/nuz/2007/07/add-your-name-1.html

If anyone wants to sign the petition, here is the site

firefighterjmar

Bronze
Jul 20, 2007
So, many iPhone users are in the medical/health related field of work and are at odds with the phone. There are practically no software programs available for the iPhone. Anyone know if unlocking the iPhone to third party apps would allow programs that work on a blackberry, or windows based pda phone, to work. Programs such as Epocrates and Skyscape (software version) Since many of us are doctors, or soon will be, there may be some excellent money available for someone who could figure it out! (Especially Epocrates-that'd be huge)

I'm totally serious, there is a petition with at least a couple hundred physicians who are petitioning Steve Jobs and the makers of Epocrates to get this program on the iPhone. There has to be a programmar or someone who can mess around with the application and get it to work. 250 doctors X $50 a pop = $12,500 and I think that is underestimated by about 10000 doctors.

http://www.geeknuz.com/nuz/2007/07/add-your-name-1.html

If anyone wants to sign the petition, here is the site

i definitely second that. im not a doc, but i am a medic and that would definitely help out. good post.

Sep 17, 2007
See I even regretfully forgot to metion all of the EMT's, Nurses, Firefighters, Paramedics, PA's, so move that number up to 20,000 X $50 = oh wait that's a cool million!

propynyl

Bronze
Aug 12, 2007
dental student

I'm a dental student, I would love epocrates on my iPhone.
Why o why is Apple being so stubborn about 3rd party apps!
-propynyl