Third Party iPhone Battery Replacement For $25-$65

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jbaraga

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
www.baraga.me
so if this battery is so cool and so cheap, why didn't Apple use it? Must be a catch somewhere.
You can pretty much always count on money as being a motivator for why companies make the decisions they make. Maybe it's so they can charge people $90 to replace their batteries after a couple years.

Or maybe it's because those aftermarket batteries have a 10 year guarantee, which certainly counts as overkill in my book. Apple spends more money to equip each iPhone with a more expensive, long-lasting battery. People get rid of their iPhones in a couple years, and that extra battery life goes to waste. Apple makes less money because they're spending more on materials and aren't charging any more for the product.

It's almost always simple economics.

Sleeper

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Be careful about quality though. I have a spare third party battery for my Nokia N95 and it's in no way as good as the original Nokia one. Sometimes you get what you pay for and with the official replacement scheme you can always guarantee quality.

veedubcos

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Be careful about quality though. I have a spare third party battery for my Nokia N95 and it's in no way as good as the original Nokia one. Sometimes you get what you pay for and with the official replacement scheme you can always guarantee quality.

For an extra $25 ill just send it to Apple and have piece of mind..by then ill probably buy the new iPhone (if one decides to come out by then)