This accessory is not compatible with the iPhone message

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

clausenfan

Bronze
Aug 24, 2007
Almost everytime i unlock my iPhone from sleep mode the message "this accessories is not compatible with the iPhone message". It isn't plugged into anything, ive tried to restart it with the ten second reset with no luck. Any ideas?

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
Almost everytime i unlock my iPhone from sleep mode the message "this accessories is not compatible with the iPhone message". It isn't plugged into anything, ive tried to restart it with the ten second reset with no luck. Any ideas?
You might consider reseating your Sim card. If that doesn't work then I would take it to the Apple store and see a "genius".

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I would first tell you to try (because they are going to ask you) to restore your iPhone.
Sync with iTunes. Wait till it finishes.
Now restore your phone. If you are on anything earlier than 1.1.2, then you need to manually choose the correct Firmware file when restoring. Holding shift, click the restore button. It will ask where the location of the file you want to restore from. I don't know about a Mac, but in Windows, it's in C:\Documents and Settings\"Profile Name"\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates
Select your firmware. If you are on 1.1.1, then the file name would be iPhone1,1_1.1.1_3A109a_Restore.ipsw. The firmware version is between the first and second underscore marks.
After you finish restoring, the system should ask you to restore your personal settings, and you should be good to go.
Test your phone for a day to see if the message still comes back. If it does, go to the Apple site and make an appointment to see a local Apple Genius. If it does not happen anymore, then feel free to mod your phone again- if that's something you did before.

the one thing I have learned about when talking with Apple about any problems I am experiencing, is there is only 2 ways to approach them.
Either go in and try to be as technologically dumb as possible, or go in armed to the teeth with info and documentation showing that you tried to use the restore method to correct the problem but it still persists.
I hate to say it, but I am on my 4th iPhone now. 3 replacements and each time I spoke with the Genius, I told them what was happening, how many times I restored, and frequency of the problem. Generally, it only takes 2 minutes talking with them for them to offer to replace my phone. And I don't ask for a replacement. I let them offer it, since there really is no other method to fix any software/electronic hardware issues. I love my iPhone, just hate that I have had problems. I have 3 other friends that have iPhones, and to the best of my knowledge, I'm the only one that's had problems. 1 out of 4 isn't horrible...I'm willing to take the hit for the team. LOL
Good luck with your phone. Hopefully, restoring solves your problem, which to me it sounds like it should.