This Agent18 Shield but for 3G?

jackz5o

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
New Jersey
I know they have a few for 3G but I would like one that doesn't look like something out of a dollar store..

TomRS

Bronze
Jan 19, 2008
I have the black agent 18 as I did on my gen 1 and like it. Good snug fit and much better clip together design this time around. Gen 1s slid off the top and bottom scratching the phone. This one does not.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I just got the clear Agent 18 case for the 3G. I like it so far. Just have to clean it out every so often.

I also bought the Marware CEO Premiere so I can wear it on my belt with the case still on. That's the only leather holster I've tried that fits with the A18 case on.

Tbo

Jul 22, 2007
Make sure you read the whole post if you're going to say that the agent18 is a bad case. He said he left on the case without cleaning it. Any case will do that to a phone if you don't clean out the dust and dirt in it. I had an agent18 ecoshield for my 1st gen iPhone and I absolutely loved it. I wish they would have kept the original design for the 3g but I guess I will get it anyways because I had such a good experience with my first one.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
I actually read the whole thread and many users that were cleaning out their a18 still suffered from scratches & dings. Maybe not that bad but pretty much everyone but 1 person that chimed in said that the A18 scratched their phone.

Posted from iPhone 3G

Tbo

Jul 22, 2007
This maybe true. The case may have scratched my phone a tad but it is nothing compared to the beating it would have taken if I had not had a case on it. The case felt amazing, didn't add much bulk and was very durable. You should have seen the gouges and dings in that thing from dropping it. In reality all cases will scratch the phone due to dirt and dust rubbing against it but from my personal experience the scratches the agent18 case might have made were not noticeable.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Yah its definitely not as bad as the dings and dents that could happen from dropping a naked iPhone repeatedy but it still will not keep your iPhone mint and scratch free.

streborhcaz

Bronze
Nov 16, 2007
My eco shield on my 1st gen phone scratched it too. I wasn't happy with the scratching from the case, but it wouldn't stop be from buying another case for my 3G.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Last edited by a moderator:

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I agree that many cases can scratch the iPhone, it happened with several different cases on my v1, it didn't matter what brand.

I did buy an Agent 18 case when I bought my 3g but I hated it, I thought it was so flimsy I decided to take it back to the Apple store.

jackz5o

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
New Jersey
I agree that many cases can scratch the iPhone, it happened with several different cases on my v1, it didn't matter what brand.

I did buy an Agent 18 case when I bought my 3g but I hated it, I thought it was so flimsy I decided to take it back to the Apple store.
Yeah thats what I thought, the images on Agent 18's own site looks so flimsy, like something you can get from a dollar store or something. Definitely not worth the $30 IMO.

streborhcaz

Bronze
Nov 16, 2007
I've read a lot of reviews that say this iPhone 3G EcoShield case it terrible. People are saying that it is cheaply made and doesn't fit right. Beware!

bambam26

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Thanks for the link I bought one today as a temp case will be returning it when I get back from out of town I wanted to long for my 3g to get here to have it look like that. I do agree that he should have checked the phone before now but that is a bit of excessive wear in my opinion.

daddyd302

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
I just bought the one today, the clear one. I think it's good, feels nice, has a grippy feel to it. It's a bit smaller then my Elan. I took a few pictures of it next to the Elan. Not the greatest pictures, but something for people out there who wants to see it on the 3G. The holes are nice and big, I had no problems using them. It comes with it's own dock modifier, so it fits on my Ihome.

Last edited by a moderator:

winterymix

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
St. Albans, WV
I have a black ecoshield for my 3g. Overall I like it. It fits the phone perfectly. My phone doesn't move around at all in it, which I think would help prevent any scratching. I've had it on about 2 weeks. I take it off every 3 days or so and clean it out. No scratches on my at all so far. It also does not seem cheap or flimsy to me. It fastens together very well.

My only complaint is that it's a tad slippery when your hands are dry, and the case itself scratches easily.. but even scuffed and scratched, the back retains a nice deep black that really just makes it look broken in, not scratched up.