This blonde has some questions before she buys...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

sportychick

Bronze
Nov 18, 2007
Georgia
:cool:Hi everyone,

I am going to be purchasing an iPhone for my hubby as a present. I want to make sure I purchase all that he needs for the phone. Keep in mind I will be visiting an Apple Store that is close to my home and I am already an AT&T Customer. Here are my questions:

1. What case should I get for the phone?
2. Do I need to buy screen protectors that are replaceable?
3. Any other suggestions that you think I should need before I buy?

** I really do not know what all to buy and I do not want to waste money on accessories he will not need and do not want to have to run back and get stuff he will. Since you guys and gals seem to know a lot about the iPhone, I am hoping you can help direct me to the accessories etc that I should focus on. ;)

Thanks for ANY advice or help!
-Sporty:p

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
This is just my 2 cents but maybe a better idea would be to give him an Apple gift card for him to choose his own accessories? There are tons of choices, especially for cases, and it's very much a personal choice :)

On the other hand, your hubby is a VERY lucky guy!

sportychick

Bronze
Nov 18, 2007
Georgia
Thanks Petal - I could do that. I didn't even think of it that way.

I might just take that route. but is there anything that is a MUST have with these phones?

Ps...I am hoping that after he opens his up, he will get me one for Valentines day! LOL :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
It comes with everything he will need. If he's not already been poking around this site, you might want to direct him here. There's allot of useful advise.

Enjoy!

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
:cool:Hi everyone,

I am going to be purchasing an iPhone for my hubby as a present. I want to make sure I purchase all that he needs for the phone. Keep in mind I will be visiting an Apple Store that is close to my home and I am already an AT&T Customer. Here are my questions:

1. What case should I get for the phone?
2. Do I need to buy screen protectors that are replaceable?
3. Any other suggestions that you think I should need before I buy?

** I really do not know what all to buy and I do not want to waste money on accessories he will not need and do not want to have to run back and get stuff he will. Since you guys and gals seem to know a lot about the iPhone, I am hoping you can help direct me to the accessories etc that I should focus on. ;)

Thanks for ANY advice or help!
-Sporty:p
Good decision. He will love it.

1) Agent 18 all the way! That case is awesome.
2) Definitely get one. I have a tiny hairline scratch on my screen that can only be seen if you turn the phone at an odd angle, but knowing it's there drives me nuts.

If he's the kind of person who doesn't mind things sitting in his ear, (I am) get him a Bluetooth Headset. I've heard they're pretty useful.

Here's the link the the Agent 18 case. Apple sells them in the store. Get black; it also comes in white, but that makes the iPhone look weird.

sportychick

Bronze
Nov 18, 2007
Georgia
Thanks Macman and Petal! I will definitely add that case to list and the screen protectors.

He is not out poking around on the site. He has NO clue that he is getting one. It was on his wish list over the summer and I explained then that he had a new "crackberry" so he had to wait at least a year or so. He dropped it after that.

So he will be totally totally shocked to see this one under the tree.

coal0101

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
car

car charger if he spends any time on the road. As far as bluetooth just buy him a car that has a built in system:) I love mine

Khris

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Edmonton, AB
For a screen protector (and overall protector) I would recommend an Invisible Shield from ShieldZone.com It actually helps keep fingerprints on the screen from being so noticeable.

sportychick

Bronze
Nov 18, 2007
Georgia
I doubt his brain would have a thought in it about getting me one unless I came out and screamed I wanted one! LOL.... I will let you know how surprised he is when he gets it.

GailLA

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 13, 2007
Northern IL
I doubt his brain would have a thought in it about getting me one unless I came out and screamed I wanted one! LOL.... I will let you know how surprised he is when he gets it.
Oh I identify, sportychick. My case was slightly different but I still feel a comonality.

I had to encourage my husband to actually get one, though it was his idea. Then when he was actually going to buy his iPhone, I told him that after researching it for him I really wanted one, too. I knew I had to say it -- not leave it to chance of a guess -- I had to clearly let my needs be known. Then I let it be.

2 weeks later he surprised me. The bag he brought home and handed to me "out of the blue" was white with an Apple on it. I could see the size and shape of the box inside the bag. When I stopped shaking I gave him a big hug and a kiss. Then I finally opened the box -- that's an experience in itself! :laugh2:

wrhutch

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Pottsboro Texas
I shaved my legs and put on makeup for this?:eek:

lol! :) Sorry but reading this and looking at your avatar made me laugh. It's like your saying that "I shaved my legs and put on makeup for this event?" ;)

Anyone else see this?

sportychick

Bronze
Nov 18, 2007
Georgia
I have my signature as that because I am ALWAYS saying that to my hubby. I told him I will continue to say it until I get laser hair removal and will not have to shave again. LOL Does that make me high maintenance?

LOL @ KAKO - not all blondes are totally dumb. ;)

sportychick

Bronze
Nov 18, 2007
Georgia
Oh I identify, sportychick. My case was slightly different but I still feel a comonality.

I had to encourage my husband to actually get one, though it was his idea. Then when he was actually going to buy his iPhone, I told him that after researching it for him I really wanted one, too. I knew I had to say it -- not leave it to chance of a guess -- I had to clearly let my needs be known. Then I let it be.

2 weeks later he surprised me. The bag he brought home and handed to me "out of the blue" was white with an Apple on it. I could see the size and shape of the box inside the bag. When I stopped shaking I gave him a big hug and a kiss. Then I finally opened the box -- that's an experience in itself! :laugh2:
Sometimes you just have to give the guys a little nudge to get what you want. :cool: But heaven forbid WE not think of getting them something - then it is a fight for sure! LOL

wrhutch

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Pottsboro Texas
I have my signature as that because I am ALWAYS saying that to my hubby. I told him I will continue to say it until I get laser hair removal and will not have to shave again. LOL Does that make me high maintenance?

LOL @ KAKO - not all blondes are totally dumb. ;)
Laser hair removal :eek: Yikes... that sounds painful! :sick: