This iPhone 4S is fast

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by chris, Oct 15, 2011.

1. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I am really impressed with the browser performance on the iPhone 4S. Did some quick comparisons to wife's 4 and it smoked it. Browsing the forums is also noticeably faster.

2. jarofclay73

jarofclay73 Zealot
    Gold

Was the iPhone 4 upgraded to iOS 5?

3. gotzaiPhone

gotzaiPhone Zealot
    Gold

Its funny, I've noticed the same and that's great, but if I run a speed test with the speedtest.net app, my iP4S shows a slower connection than my wife's iPhone 4... I don't know what's up with that?

4. verwon

verwon Evangelist
    Gold

There are people on Sprint complaining about slow speeds, but I haven't had any problem.

Mistress of Mischief

5. rollinfromhell

Gold

Turn off all your notifications and try it again. Mine soared to 5mbps from 1.4-2.5 at most on a 5 bar connection.

UPDATE: That includes anything like twitter, mail, anything. Just to test it, it will soar :)

6. NewGuy

NewGuy Member
    Bronze

I didn't turn anything off and got 5.29 down. Not that much faster than the 4... I have a speed of 4.87 on the 4 with the same app. Fast but not that much faster download speed. And I don't understand what all of those have anything to do with it anyways!

7. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

5.0 has a lot to do with it no doubt, everything is faster, the EIC is lighting fast, dashboard loads up 10 times faster, I can only imagine what the 4S can do.

8. rollinfromhell

Gold

Well maybe the update for HSPA+ hasn't hit.. They claimed the Atrix had it at first.. and it didn't. We got an update for that, maybe that's why they want to release an update to change it to the "4G" signal, maybe it's not unlocked on the phone.

9. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Wait until the eiC forum update --- I should call it 1.1S.

10. canamera

canamera Zealot
    Gold

Are you guys gonna make me go out and get a 4S? :sneaky:

11. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

IMHO, I can notice the speed. I'd also say that I appreciate that more than Siri.

12. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

clever.
    the dashboard seriously takes 3 seconds compare to the almost 30 from before, and overall the app is holding great on 5.0, you haven't noticed that nobody is complaining? hope I didn't jinx anything.

13. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

Only if you want to. Don't feel any pressure from us ... :D

14. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

if you can break even why not, I can't wait to get mine.

15. canamera

canamera Zealot
    Gold

The 4S sounds truly amazing in all aspects, and although I can easily sell my 4 to cover the costs of upgrading to the 4S early, I'm trying to wait for the 5 and not have to pay any early upgrade charges...like that I can also pocket all the profit of selling my 4 when the 5 comes out. Albeit, it's really hard hearing about all the great features of the 4S.

To top it off, I can't even update my to ios5.....my desktop is being repaired, and I only get it back on Monday. :mad:

16. ed2438

ed2438 Contributor
    Bronze

my iP4S downloads at 4.25 Mbps and uploads at 1.15 Mbps. It is faster that DSL here where i live....lol!

17. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

and get an iMac while you are there.

18. canamera

canamera Zealot
    Gold

Your not helping my situation Benny..LOL. This was a really bad Apple week for me man.

19. gotzaiPhone

gotzaiPhone Zealot
    Gold

I totally believe you, but to turn off everything just to get faster internet speeds completely contradicts the purpose of all that the iPhone can do.

20. rollinfromhell

Gold

It does, however was the same way on my HSPA+ Android phone. This battery life is really horrendous for me.. 3 hours and 22 minutes and im at 41 percent again.. urgh. All i'm doing is texting, Siri for about 20 minutes, watched 3 minute and a half videos, listened to 2 songs, and played a game for 15 minutes. *temple run*, and took a couple minute phone calls.