This iPhone fixes every last issue I had with V1 and 3G

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I'm sitting here using this thing, and I honestly don't think I could ask for anything better. When I first got the V1, I loved it but there were a few key things I wish it had had:

• Louder speakerphone
  • Faster internet
  • Better camera
  • More storage
  • Faster load times
  • GPS
  • Video recording
  • Better battery
  • Copy/Cut/Paste
  • Third party apps

Every last one of those things has been added now to 3G S. I really couldn't ask for more, but if I was forced to I would say HD video recording, more battery, and more storage. But in all honesty, the video recording is good enough for me and I never watch videos on my phone so the 32GB storage is just about as big as I'll need right now. The better battery complaint is something that will always be begged for, no matter how good the current battery is.

Is anyone else finally satisfied with everything iPhone has to offer? (Besides AT&T, that's the final hurdle ;))

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
This is my very first iPhone so I have nothing to compare it to. I'm just in heaven right now exploring all the new features, and apps. I was a bit surprised to see the total capacity of the 32GB come out to around 29+ GB. I thought it would be just a bit over 30GB. I'm certainly not complaining though. I just LOVE this iPhone. :)

jimmydee

Jun 17, 2009
It seems that these batteries have a long ways to go before we'll seem them. This is a statement at the very bottom of the article. "The new lithium batteries could be available within several years."

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
My only complaint of this new release is the inability to "save as" when performing a trim on a video. I can think of countless times I would want to do that to send a snippet of something off via email without trashing the original...

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
This is my very first iPhone so I have nothing to compare it to. I'm just in heaven right now exploring all the new features, and apps. I was a bit surprised to see the total capacity of the 32GB come out to around 29+ GB. I thought it would be just a bit over 30GB. I'm certainly not complaining though. I just LOVE this iPhone.
They are marketed at 1GB = 1000MB,
when in actuality 1GB = 1024MB

Then take away the space for the apps and OS that come shipped on the phone....

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
My only complaint of this new release is the inability to "save as" when performing a trim on a video. I can think of countless times I would want to do that to send a snippet of something off via email without trashing the original...
Guess you would need to either email the original to yourself before trimming....or upload it to a service.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Yeah, but like emailing pics, it's a recompressed version of the original. Not the end of the world, but something I hope they address.

DocHolliday

Bronze
Sep 28, 2007
There is still 3 issues. MMS...coming in late summer....allowing tethering in the US..if ATT ever let's us do it, and a flash on the camera.

With those 3 things the iPhone would be the ultimate pda/smartphone/multimedia phone.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
while we're on the tethering subject, the ability to create a wifi hotspot would be nice. I know a few different phones that have that capability.

nyc_rock

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
My two major complaints are;

-Voice command does not work over BT headset which makes it almost a gimmick
-A2DP but no AVRCP (ability to skip tracks).

I was so excited for both of these features but Apple basically did them so half assed I don't know why they bothered.

Other than that, the phone is freekin sweet.

Aaron

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Just got a 3g on the 8th, now that you have been playing with it for the day: is it worth the upgrade for me? I know this is a really subjective question but I am wondering this cause I have till the 22ed to return this phone and upgrade for an extra 100.00

Saiko

Bronze
Jun 3, 2007
Just got a 3g on the 8th, now that you have been playing with it for the day: is it worth the upgrade for me? I know this is a really subjective question but I am wondering this cause I have till the 22ed to return this phone and upgrade for an extra 100.00
Yes. Do it. NO question. For the speed alone, I'd say it'd definitely be worth that extra hundy.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Most of the V1's shortcomings have been addressed but I can still think of a few needed improvements...

-Better speaker/speakerphone

-Too wide, the iPhone needs a hardware refresh to make it less wide(V1 was better)

-Reliable email (still is just not professional like a BB)

-More durable casing (the plastic back and chrome are very scratch prone materials)

-Flash on the Camera (for pictures in darker lighting)

-Multi-tasking (for checking my email etc. while listening to Pandora!)

Overall it has really came a LONG way since the old V1 back in 07'. Extremely meager and dissapointing V3 though compared to the upgrade we got in the 3G.(Just being honest)