This is a tad bit frustrating....

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Vpeach

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Well, not for me but for my boyfriend and his mom.

I got my iPhone on release day. They both got theirs on Monday. The mom's phone died on her yesterday. My bf set up an appointment at the Genius bar in San Antonio for 4pm. They didn't get to him until 4:30ish. It turned out the screen died. So they replaced it with a new one.

He is on his way to Houston and what happens? His iPhone dies. He is going to take it in, but is frustrated about having to go in after just being their replacing an other dead phone.

I think that it could have been a bad shipment.

Other than that... I'm happy with my phone. Its a part of me.

Watch it die now.

Vpeach

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
omg!

How is the fourth one treating you?

I had the bf do a hard reset and it solved the problem. I'm going to get him on this forum because it provides great advice/suggestions

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
omg!

How is the fourth one treating you?

I had the bf do a hard reset and it solved the problem. I'm going to get him on this forum because it provides great advice/suggestions
I agree. I wish every iPhone owner out there knew of these Forums. They're EXTREMELY resourceful.

rj5620

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
Got phone #4 today and so far It has not gone into the "no sevrvice...needs repair" mode again.

History since iDAY

Phone 1: External speaker will not work, phone sluggish, poor cell phone service and or no service. Sound only with ear buds.

Phone 2: Itentical to phone 1 ( I checked they were not the same iPhone)

Sim card #2 (Thinking sim was problem)

Phone 3: Gizmo part of iPhone is terrific, bad to no cell phone service, drops calls, no service and repair message, will not refresh to network after the no service message, a nightmare, I feel like all I have is a gizmo without a cell phone.

Phone 4: So far so good. Ipod sound went into hyperspeed until a reset though.

Note: in all of this Apple and ATT have been great to me and I jutt want my iPhone!

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
You're in Texas (San Antonio)? I wonder if all the rain you guys have been slammed with had anything to do with it... maybe some of the shipments got real wet or something?