This is bullsh*t! AT&T Business Tech Support Wont Take Calls.

AppleLA

Jun 27, 2007
My individual account somehow got lumped under a "businesss" heading and will not activate. It gives me a number to call, which i do, then get a rep that gives me another number to call. I call that number and the message says that due to high call volume, they are unable to take my call and it automatically disconnects me.

What the f*ck!?!?! How is AT&T not prepared for this? I waiting 10 hours today for a phone and then have to deal with incompetence.

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
My individual account somehow got lumped under a "businesss" heading and will not activate. It gives me a number to call, which i do, then get a rep that gives me another number to call. I call that number and the message says that due to high call volume, they are unable to take my call and it automatically disconnects me.

What the f*ck!?!?! How is AT&T not prepared for this? I waiting 10 hours today for a phone and then have to deal with incompetence.
I had this same issue because a government discount on my family plan. On hold with businesss center for 58 minutes then got dumped.

I just signed up like a brand new customer like the regular CSR told me to do and I will just go to the AT&T store on monday and get it all straighted out.

AppleLA

Jun 27, 2007
If I sign up as a new customer, I will get a new phone number which I definitely do not want. I've had my Cingular acct for 7 years and have had the same number. Definitely not about to change it cause Cingular/AT&T screwed something up yet again.

Its just not right that AT&T wasn't fully prepared for problems such as this.

BTPearcy

Jun 30, 2007
They do eventually...

I had the same problem (existing Cingular customer, using Blackberry) The number I called was 866-907-3484. After 1.5 hours, I dropped the cordless phone, which hung up. Ugh. So after another 2 hours, they finally picked up, (extremely nice lady) and in a few seconds I was able to get the activation process to go through...almost. Now I'm waiting for the email, just like everyone else. The nice lady said about 2 hours, so I'm off to bed, hoping to wake up to a nice working iPhone.

'night.