This is bullsh*t! AT&T Business Tech Support Wont Take Calls.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

AppleLA

Jun 27, 2007
My individual account somehow got lumped under a "businesss" heading and will not activate. It gives me a number to call, which i do, then get a rep that gives me another number to call. I call that number and the message says that due to high call volume, they are unable to take my call and it automatically disconnects me.

What the f*ck!?!?! How is AT&T not prepared for this? I waiting 10 hours today for a phone and then have to deal with incompetence.

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
My individual account somehow got lumped under a "businesss" heading and will not activate. It gives me a number to call, which i do, then get a rep that gives me another number to call. I call that number and the message says that due to high call volume, they are unable to take my call and it automatically disconnects me.

What the f*ck!?!?! How is AT&T not prepared for this? I waiting 10 hours today for a phone and then have to deal with incompetence.
I had this same issue because a government discount on my family plan. On hold with businesss center for 58 minutes then got dumped.

I just signed up like a brand new customer like the regular CSR told me to do and I will just go to the AT&T store on monday and get it all straighted out.

AppleLA

Jun 27, 2007
If I sign up as a new customer, I will get a new phone number which I definitely do not want. I've had my Cingular acct for 7 years and have had the same number. Definitely not about to change it cause Cingular/AT&T screwed something up yet again.

Its just not right that AT&T wasn't fully prepared for problems such as this.

BTPearcy

Jun 30, 2007
They do eventually...

I had the same problem (existing Cingular customer, using Blackberry) The number I called was 866-907-3484. After 1.5 hours, I dropped the cordless phone, which hung up. Ugh. So after another 2 hours, they finally picked up, (extremely nice lady) and in a few seconds I was able to get the activation process to go through...almost. Now I'm waiting for the email, just like everyone else. The nice lady said about 2 hours, so I'm off to bed, hoping to wake up to a nice working iPhone.

'night.