This is cool...

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
So I get my first notice that there are apps which need upgrading today by firmware 2.0. Loopt and Facebook are the apps that have updates waiting for them.

I install them, then go to sync and guess what? The sync hangs indefinitely and never completes.

Nice.

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
I waited for it to sync for about an hour then just went to bed. I woke up this morning and the phone was synced. I'm hoping this isn't a regular thing. :)

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Have you tried canceling the backup portion of the sync? Backup now backs up *ALL* applications and all application data on the iPhone and is taking enormously long times for a lot of people.

If you look at the Progress Bar towards the top of the iTunes window, you'll see it saying 'Backing up NameOfYouriPhone ...' a few minutes into the sync process. There's a little grey 'x' to the right of that status wording - if you hit the 'x' it will cancel only the backup and let the rest of your sync continue ...

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Just open the App Store and click updates and it will show you all of the updates for your apps.