This is the most radical Bluetooth device EVER.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
http://www.physorg.com/news122819670.html

"Jim Mielke's wireless blood-fueled display is a true merging of technology and body art. At the recent Greener Gadgets Design Competition, the engineer demonstrated a subcutaneously implanted touch-screen that operates as a cell phone display, with the potential for 3G video calls that are visible just underneath the skin.

On both the top and bottom surfaces of the display is a matching matrix of field-producing pixels. The top surface also enables touch-screen control through the skin. Instead of ink, the display uses tiny microscopic spheres, somewhat similar to tattoo ink. A field-sensitive material in the spheres changes their color from clear to black, aligned with the matrix fields.

The tattoo display communicates wirelessly to other Bluetooth devices - both in the outside world and within the same body. Although the device is always on (as long as your blood´s flowing), the display can be turned off and on by pushing a small dot on the skin. When the phone rings, for example, an individual turns the display on, and "the tattoo comes to life as a digital video of the caller," Mielke explains. When the call ends, the tattoo disappears.

Could such an invasive device have harmful biological effects? Actually, the device could offer health benefits. That´s because it also continually monitors for many blood disorders, alerting the person of a health problem..."

Sign me up, baby! :cool::cool::cool:

--
Mike

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
You have got to be kidding. This is awesome looking, the wave of the future. Unfortunately for people like me that have our arms covered with tattoos, we would have to put it on our butts and that makes calling out a pain in the rear <literally>.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
You have got to be kidding. This is awesome looking, the wave of the future. Unfortunately for people like me that have our arms covered with tattoos, we would have to put it on our butts and that makes calling out a pain in the rear <literally>.
Bwaaaaaahhhh!

Call me crazy but I really would go for something like this. I'm thinking left forearm.

Oh well, it likely won't hit the market anytime soon. :(

--
Mike

bmg97

Bronze
Nov 20, 2007
I would not touch that with a 10ft poll ! Now the Govt can know exactly where you are all the time. When we are born with computers in us then its fine. I would not put anything like that in me. People are getting strange !

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I would not touch that with a 10ft poll ! Now the Govt can know exactly where you are all the time. When we are born with computers in us then its fine. I would not put anything like that in me. People are getting strange !
Keep in mind it's all about perspective. Look around a crowded public place and there will be people with, body jewelery, real tats, pacemakers, defibs, titanium joints, plastic hips, hair extensions, dyed hair, fake tans, makeup, prosthetics, wigs, and more.

Let's not forget about the biggie: clothes!

I'd say we are already way past the point of "as nature intended." :)

--
Mike

Doby45

Silver
Aug 21, 2007
Powder Springs, GA
Keep in mind it's all about perspective. Look around a crowded public place and there will be people with, body jewelery, real tats, pacemakers, defibs, titanium joints, plastic hips, hair extensions, dyed hair, fake tans, makeup, prosthetics, wigs, and more.
Dude you forgot the boobs, how could you forget the fake boobs?

Jul 23, 2007

--
Mike
Beyond the body mod stuff, I don't like the idea of being 'chipped'. With that said, this is extremely cool. Talk about wow factor. However I'm going to hold out for the color display!

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Beyond the body mod stuff, I don't like the idea of being 'chipped'. With that said, this is extremely cool. Talk about wow factor. However I'm going to hold out for the color display!
That's coming in a firmware upgrade via a special app. That is, if they ever get the damned SDK out the door... sorry, wrong thread!

--
Mike

bmg97

Bronze
Nov 20, 2007
I know there are fake boobs (thanks tech) and other things but having a computer linked to your body is beyond that ! Talking about big brother watching ! After everyone has one of those it will actually be cool to have a real phone like we have now :) Just stick a screwdriver in the back of your head and welcome to the Matrix.

bmg97

Bronze
Nov 20, 2007

--
Mike
Hey I don't need clothes ! Seems everyone else has the problem when I walk around with no clothes :)

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
I'd never go for this...just a little too creepy for me. I agree, I don't like being 'chipped'. That being said, what a great pick-up opportunity! "Hey, mind if I borrow your phone? It may be a long call..." :p

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Cool idea, but the implant idea bother me (not being chipped). Is it firm like you can feel it under your skin? That would creep me out. I have a tat, so the art part appeals to me.

The government (or "the man") can find you easily without a chip. We all have SS#, phone records, phone bills, electric bills, car payments, drivers licenses, jobs to go to, etc. I do not think anyone posting here is "off the grid." I do not see how having that devise in me would make me that much easier to track than I can be tracked now, honestly.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Cool idea, but the implant idea bother me (not being chipped). Is it firm like you can feel it under your skin? That would creep me out. I have a tat, so the art part appeals to me.

The government (or "the man") can find you easily without a chip. We all have SS#, phone records, phone bills, electric bills, car payments, drivers licenses, jobs to go to, etc. I do not think anyone posting here is "off the grid." I do not see how having that devise in me would make me that much easier to track than I can be tracked now, honestly.
I agree with kokogirl---have fun and quit being so paranoid! Get boob implants and phone implants!