This is torture!

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
We are supposed to be getting 3mbps.

We are gonna ask to leave them for free. We want to switch.
Surely you can just leave them and move straight to another provider? If you're paying for a service and not getting it then they've breached their terms and conditions.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
Surely you can just leave them and move straight to another provider? If you're paying for a service and not getting it then they've breached their terms and conditions.
Good point! But no, it would cost us $250 to leave, as we have a 2 year contract with them.

I'll check into our bill online and see if we are still paying for 3mbps.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Is that a limited internet package or an unlimited one? When you buy a limited package over here, your internet speed drops when you exceed a certain download/upload limit, and in other packages you can maintain the internet speed but pay extra for each MB.

I don't think they would just drop your connection speed for no reason, because that'll end up hurting their reputation, trustworthiness, and as an ISP in general, and of course, as iPhonewarrior, it would be illegal to do that.

Just do a thorough check before you jump to conclusions, Mac, perhaps the drop in speed is justifiable somehow.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
Is that a limited internet package or an unlimited one? When you buy a limited package over here, your internet speed drops when you exceed a certain download/upload limit, and in other packages you can maintain the internet speed but pay extra for each MB.

I don't think they would just drop your connection speed for no reason, because that'll end up hurting their reputation, trustworthiness, and as an ISP in general, and of course, as iPhonewarrior, it would be illegal to do that.

Just do a thorough check before you jump to conclusions, Mac, perhaps the drop in speed is justifiable somehow.
Frontier has absolutely no cap, it's completely unlimited. Some users on frontier have reported getting their contract dropped after using 999GB of data, but no throttling.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
999GB of data a month, you mean? That surely is a lot but then again if it's unlimited and there isn't any "Fair Usage Policy" applied then people can download however much they want. Fronteir seems to be unprofessional, if that's the case.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
999GB of data a month, you mean? That surely is a lot but then again if it's unlimited and there isn't any "Fair Usage Policy" applied then people can download however much they want. Fronteir seems to be unprofessional, if that's the case.
I just read though the whole TOS by them. Hey do have a fair use policy, but it's only for their satellite data users. We have dsl in the ground lol.