This Is Why Animations in iOS 7 And 8 Bug Me

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Napoleon PhoneApart, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Being jailbroken can fix this, but this video shows a pretty good comparison of iOS 8 and iOS 3 unlocking and screen animations. Most Android phones will let you disable animations in Developer Options and I'd love to be able to adjust this setting on a stock iPhone.

2. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

There is a Reduce Motion settings that does make things appear somewhat faster (I know you know about it, but for those who may not, Settings > Accessibility > Reduce Motion). I don't have an iOS 3 device lying around as a control to re-do all the testing that that person did on iOS 3 vs. a Reduced Motion iOS 8 device, but it would be an interesting comparison.

I set Reduce Motion on a long time ago a while back and I've never gone back. I don't have vertigo or whatever some people were claiming to suffer as a result of the animations, but I do think it looks nicer with Reduced Motion on.

3. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I see what you're saying about Reduced Motion, but being able to run FakeClockUp or Speed Intensifier on a jailbroken iPhone put Reduced Motion to shame.

4. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I'm not shocked to hear that. Too bad Apple is such a control freak about their devices. But we're better now (those of us on stock iOS) than we were a few years back. Maybe the future will bring more improvement in the customization department.