This phone blows !

bmg97

Bronze
Nov 20, 2007
I have to say this phone is starting to erk the shi& out of me. Does anyone else have a problem with their email ? Mine take forever to send and gives SSL errors all the time. Once I acknowledge there is a problem and hit okay it sends. I have turned the SSL setting on / off does not matter. I am using go daddy. Some other things bother me but I am work and don't have time to spew my anger.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
I have to say this phone is starting to erk the shi& out of me. Does anyone else have a problem with their email ? Mine take forever to send and gives SSL errors all the time. Once I acknowledge there is a problem and hit okay it sends. I have turned the SSL setting on / off does not matter. I am using go daddy. Some other things bother me but I am work and don't have time to spew my anger.
i have 2 godaddy email accounts set up on my iPhone and i have no problems with them at all. what are your settings for this email account?

bmg97

Bronze
Nov 20, 2007
i have 2 godaddy email accounts set up on my iPhone and i have no problems with them at all. what are your settings for this email account?
Incoming:

Host: pop.secureserver.net
username: mine
password: its a secret :)

Outgoing SMTP

smtpout.secureserver.net
username: my username
pasword: blah blah blah

Advanced:

Outgoing Set:

Use SSL : Now offServer port 587

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
He's saying stop criticizing the phone until you know where the smoke is coming from. It's probably your email that's the problem, not your phone. This is the best phone that most of us have ever used, so make sure it's the phone before you come out with comments such as "This phone blows!".

LAPTOP GAMER

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
Well if the phone is so bad, you can give it to me.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
Incoming:

Host: pop.secureserver.net
username: mine
password: its a secret :)

Outgoing SMTP

smtpout.secureserver.net
username: my username
pasword: blah blah blah

Advanced:

Outgoing Set:

Use SSL : Now offServer port 587
no difference for me on the initial settings. in Advanced, here's what i use:

incoming settings:
SSL is OFF, authentication set to password, server port 110

outgoing settings:
SSL is OFF, authentication set to password, server port 80

good luck!

bmg97

Bronze
Nov 20, 2007
He's saying stop criticizing the phone until you know where the smoke is coming from. It's probably your email that's the problem, not your phone. This is the best phone that most of us have ever used, so make sure it's the phone before you come out with comments such as "This phone blows!".
This phone still blows regardless. If I do sell it, it will be in pieces ! You know as well as I do, there are more problems with this phone then just email. This is not the best phone but probably the most advanced phone anyone has used here. Big difference.

bmg97

Bronze
Nov 20, 2007
no difference for me on the initial settings. in Advanced, here's what i use:

incoming settings:
SSL is OFF, authentication set to password, server port 110

outgoing settings:
SSL is OFF, authentication set to password, server port 80

good luck!
Quick question, is there a reason for different ports ? Why would ours differ.

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
So what about the phone "blows" so much? No 3g? no corporate services? Give it until June and all the current problems will be no more.

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
This phone still blows regardless. If I do sell it, it will be in pieces ! You know as well as I do, there are more problems with this phone then just email. This is not the best phone but probably the most advanced phone anyone has used here. Big difference.
this is the most advanced phone AND best phone i have used. no phone that i have owned or used come close the iPhone

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
I am willing to trade you a Razor (of the Mach something or other variety) for your phone - and would even throw in a 5 pack of blades, slightly used ...

throw in a 6 pack of Miller Lite and you have a deal.

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
phew had me worried there for a sec. although the six pack doesn't sound like a bad bargain, but you could atleast go for a better beer than miller lite