This was a bit scary to see...

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
On Snopes as being true.
http://www.snopes.com/photos/politics/muslimprotest.asp

The pictures in the email that is circulating around are real ( except the last one is suspected to be from a demonstration a couple years earlier), taken from a 2006 demonstration against the Danish embassy because a Danish cartoonist had 12 cartoons depicting Muhammad.
The people in the photos do NOT represent the majority of Islamic Practitioners, but it only takes one idiot to strap a bomb to himself to take out hundreds of innocent people. Does that make it right for a cartoonist to insult the Nation of Islam with his blasphemous cartoons? I Believe in the freedom of speech, but I also think temperance is something everyone should practice.

The extremists pictured are who we are at war with. Those people are terrorists. And the pictures themselves have never been publicly shown on American Television or News, because it only solidifies the reason for the war on terror, which to date, is not very popular amount the American people -as well as the terrorists that we have been pounding the crap out of.

I am all for peace, but I believe that the Peaceful Muslims of the world need to start policing their own. It's one thing to have a pushy religious person in your face. Most religions would actually promote spreading the word, however irritating it is for those that they accost.
It's completely another thing to kill innocent people because some rouge religious leaders are promoting violence against nations and people that don't subscribe to their views. I know of no religion that promotes a belief in God/Enlightenment at the death of others (other than maybe Satanism.) That's not the God that I believe in, and I am fairly certain it's the same for everyone else, whether they are Jewish, Islamic, Christian, Buddhist, whatever.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
I could not agree with you more. If I did, I'm sure I'd be reprimanded around here for it. I have been before. All because of the fear of "offending" some dushe bag......

yes, 9-11 wasn't offensive to me or anything..........

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
There is a surreal amount of hatred in the world. A lot of it is directed at the US. The US is viewed as overly arrogant and wasteful. What we are seeing is not new. This hatred has always existed. Weapons have become more efficient at killing, and the advent of the internet has made news almost instantaneous.

We just have to look within our own country at the political divides of our own country to understand why desperate people need to take desperate actions to effect political change.

$700 billion dollar bailout approved. We'll be paying that for a long time to come. Remember the next time you hear about a home foreclosure. The government as usual will be no where to be found when help is needed most. This is the essense of the political cancer we are seeing overseas.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
There is a surreal amount of hatred in the world. A lot of it is directed at the US. The US is viewed as overly arrogant and wasteful. What we are seeing is not new. This hatred has always existed. Weapons have become more efficient at killing, and the advent of the internet has made news almost instantaneous.

We just have to look within our own country at the political divides of our own country to understand why desperate people need to take desperate actions to effect political change.

$700 billion dollar bailout approved. We'll be paying that for a long time to come. Remember the next time you hear about a home foreclosure. The government as usual will be no where to be found when help is needed most. This is the essense of the political cancer we are seeing overseas.
Yes, hard times they are a comin'. I really hate to say it, but it looks like the vast uninformed majority are going to put Obama in office. After reviewing his tax proposals, and noticing the fact that no one really knows too much about him or what his true beliefs are, I personally can't understand how this man made it as far as he did.
He is literally going to bankrupt the middle and lower class of America with his economic policies. " john works 12 hours for $25. Tom doesn't have a job. Baracks policy would require you to basically give you $25 to tom so that both of you can eventually have $25, even though you did the work for $50."
17.7% tax increase on earned wages. 65.3% on main street small businessses.
There is going to be a depression coming soon...
700 billion bailout. That is the WORST thing that they could have done. Could have used less than a 5th of that to lower gas prices to under $2. That would stimulate the economy.

Of course this has no direct baring on my original topic, but important and scary too

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
It also means continued delays in building new nuclear power plants. :mad: