This Website...

drumthrasher109

Bronze
Jan 9, 2009
drumsplace.co.cc
What is this whole website made with? I know the forum is vBulletin with some enhancements...but what about the home page, social area, videos area, reviews, etc? Is it ALL vBulletin?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
What is this whole website made with? I know the forum is vBulletin with some enhancements...but what about the home page, social area, videos area, reviews, etc? Is it ALL vBulletin?
No, just the forums are vBulletin. The main area uses Joomla (and lots of hard work).;)

drumthrasher109

Bronze
Jan 9, 2009
drumsplace.co.cc
Darn, I was hoping you wouldn't have said that...

I've never had any good experiences with Joomla. It took many hours for me to figure out how to make a page.......

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Darn, I was hoping you wouldn't have said that...

I've never had any good experiences with Joomla. It took many hours for me to figure out how to make a page.......
Joomla offers the most expansion capabilities, but I think it's hard to beat WordPress for a standard blogging frontend. I've seen some implementations of WordPress front-ends with vBulletin forums. Not sure how they are integrated, but it's certainly happening pretty often, so it cannot be that difficult.

Joomla definitely has a learning curve. Still very pesky. Even after all these years, I find myself scratching my head. The add-ons don't help matters. Building a new site from scratch and realizing how much actually goes into my sites.

drumthrasher109

Bronze
Jan 9, 2009
drumsplace.co.cc
I was thinking about making a small site where I could have a blog, it's own video upload thing, a social place, pretty much everything like this site (it isn't even related to Apple products).

I guess Joomla is what I'll have to try...

drumthrasher109

Bronze
Jan 9, 2009
drumsplace.co.cc
Wow, I just noticed there are more "Everything" websites, like EverythingQ and so on.

How much is all this costing you?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Wow, I just noticed there are more "Everything" websites, like EverythingQ and so on.

How much is all this costing you?
You just found my other sites:eek: I need to start doing a better job of promoting the network.

Ive been wondering too...
The site infrastructure costs are similar, but hosting fees vary quite a bit. Obviously, the amount of this traffic this site sees on a daily basis requires pretty serious servers.

-Chris