Those of you with, or had deal pixels...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

nicks124

Jul 1, 2007
I made an appointment with Apple tech in my area, which an employee through the Apple store made for me. They are going to look at my phone to take a look at the deal pixels. For those of you who had deal pixels, did you take your iPhone to the store? Did the replace it? Cause I am curious as to what they will do. Thanks.

ugotpwned5

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
I made an appointment with Apple tech in my area, which an employee through the Apple store made for me. They are going to look at my phone to take a look at the deal pixels. For those of you who had deal pixels, did you take your iPhone to the store? Did the replace it? Cause I am curious as to what they will do. Thanks.
i also am planning on going to the Apple store to get a replacement for this reason. What i would like to know is what do i need to bring and how many do i need to show...they are small and wat if the guy is like i don't see anythiing haha somebody help us! thanks

tamakin

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I have a dead pixel too but I'm not returning it.. none of the stores even have 8gb models in stock.. I'm just gonna live with it

jnap

Jul 4, 2007
Dead Pixel

I found a dead pixel towards the upper middle part of my screen. I bought the iPhone Friday night at the Apple Store in Soho and exchanged it Saturday night at the Apple Store on 5th Ave with no questions asked (and no restocking fee). :)

MoJoe

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
www.joebeleznay.com
I've got a peculiar pixel that seems to be changing colors here and there, goes from white to grey or blue.. I haven't decided if I will exchange it, who knows if the new one I get may have more dead/stuck pixels than this one.

I guess it's all luck, if I do decide to exchange it I have to pay a 10% re-stocking fee because I got it through the AT&T store, which bites.

I honestly wish there was a way to guarantee the exchange would be for a perfect one, then I'd be much more willing to do it. For anyone that has gotten an exchange, is your new replacement dead/stuck pixel free?

iphonenotify

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
I've got a peculiar pixel that seems to be changing colors here and there, goes from white to grey or blue.. I haven't decided if I will exchange it, who knows if the new one I get may have more dead/stuck pixels than this one.

I guess it's all luck, if I do decide to exchange it I have to pay a 10% re-stocking fee because I got it through the AT&T store, which bites.

I honestly wish there was a way to guarantee the exchange would be for a perfect one, then I'd be much more willing to do it. For anyone that has gotten an exchange, is your new replacement dead/stuck pixel free?
i have a few dead pixels on my iPhone. You would not notice them usually, but i have very very good vision. I kinda have ocd so its getting on my nerves. I also have a micro scratch on my screen so i will try to get it replaced.

To all of those who doubted the dead pixels, i told you they would be there.

devo

Jul 4, 2007
Pixel Fixer

Usually I don't post, but I had a blue stuck pixel on my iPhone. Since there aren't any in stock here in Phoenix, I took it on myself to write a pixel fixer. You can find it here: http://devivo.com/iPhone/dp/

If you like it, gimme a dollar.

nicks124

Jul 1, 2007
fixed

Well here is my update. I went to Apple they replaced it no problem and now my iPhone is perfect. No dead pixels and the battery life seems a lot better, makes me wonder if I had a bad battery. A++ for Apple if you have a dead pixel just go get it swapped quick.

MoJoe

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
www.joebeleznay.com
I was wondering if dead/stuck pixels can occur in a certain amount of time? Like, I honestly don't remember seeing my stuck pixel and it seemed to appear the 2nd day I had the iPhone.

art

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Dead, or stuck pixels are just a fact of life with TFT displays. Anyone who has laptop experience knows this. Apple will have a limit as to the number of bad pixels before they will replace the phone.

Also remember they can go bad at any time and usually do either at first or after several months. Most of the time they are not that visible.

No big deal.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
Is it possible for the phone to develop dead pixels, later on?
I seem to have one on my screen, right about where the weather app is, on the main screen. SIGH
I got the phone on day 1, at an AT&T store, 'cause that's all that's around here. What are my chances, and should I even worry about it?