Those who got the 16GB

Appleboy

Bronze
Jan 24, 2011
Do you regret it? Are you running out of space yet? I think I can only afford the 16GB which bothers me right now.

Appleboy

Bronze
Jan 24, 2011
When you plug in into to comp for the first time what's the actual storage?

Lisacast

Bronze
Jun 18, 2010
RPV, CA
I I were to get one, I'd get the 16 gig because of the new homesharing feature in 4.3. I just use my iPad around home, and have the 32 gig, which I don't need at all. And I have around 4000 songs. So if you plan on keeping it around the house, I'd say 16 gig, if not then 32.

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
I I were to get one, I'd get the 16 gig because of the new homesharing feature in 4.3. I just use my iPad around home, and have the 32 gig, which I don't need at all. And I have around 4000 songs. So if you plan on keeping it around the house, I'd say 16 gig, if not then 32.
What is the homesharing? I am worried I would run out of room for ebooks? Do u know how many books the 16 gb holds? Anyone?

Sent from my iPod touch using iCafe app

Lisacast

Bronze
Jun 18, 2010
RPV, CA
Well I have the 32 gig and have like six gigs open with 4000 songs on it. I have five books which only take up like 0.03 gigs. So books won't be much of a problem n

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
I Have 16gig in all my devices, my iPad I don't regret it. But I wish I had more, but homesharing helps out. My iPhone needs more storage, and I will hopefully be getting the 32gig next time.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using my iPhone 4

Woofus

Silver
Books aren't that big on the iPad. I have 624 books that equal out to only 207 megs.

It really comes down to proper file management really. I have my music loaded on the iPhone, so I don't need to put it on the iPad as well. I have mainly games and programs and just a few videos on my iPad right now and have a couple of gigs left open.

Before the iPad, I used to just delete music from my iPhone to make room for video when I traveled, now I can just load up the iPad.

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
It would be used for college textbooks, are they the same size as novels? Woofus, when I get it you have to tell me how to just sync apps n movies instead of songs lol. Please.

Woofus

Silver
It would be used for college textbooks, are they the same size as novels? Woofus, when I get it you have to tell me how to just sync apps n movies instead of songs lol. Please.

Not sure how big college textbooks are, don't currently have any of those. :)

As for the syncing, it's a piece of cake. Just remind me when you get your iPad.

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
Not sure how big college textbooks are, don't currently have any of those. :)

As for the syncing, it's a piece of cake. Just remind me when you get your iPad.
Thank you so much I appreciate it.

Sent from my iPod touch using iCafe app

dickdaney

Jan 2, 2010
I have a 120gb iPod classic that I keep all my songs and podcasts on, so getting the 16gb iPad wasn't a big deal. Music, movies, and intense games eat up memory fast. Regular apps, books, and picture don't take up a lot of space.

Frostbit3

May 8, 2010
I'm probably one of the only few, but I have the 16GB White version and I don't think I've gone over 1GB. I only listen to pandora, so my music isn't stored on the device. I don't take pictures with the iPad, I basically just use it for Netflix, Email, and Entertainment (Streaming). So no, I don't regret it :)

Gunnar

Dec 24, 2007
Fort Worth, Tx
Im in the same boat as Frost. I have a 32gb phone and no songs. videos or movies. I use it for pics and I listen to Pandora. I have ipad 2 16gb and use it in the same manner games and apps with pictures.