Thoughts after having iPhone a week

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

darktone

Bronze
Jul 29, 2007
First thought is I should have just taken the $175 hit on my Sprint contract and got one five months ago! This things just awesome! It is so easy to use. I never thought I would be using the youtube much but it has been a lot of fun. The camera really impresses me. The wifi works great and the little key board is very easy to use- I am using it now! I really don't have anything bad to say about it. I put it in an Otter box a defender case right away and that kind of muffles the ringer- anyone know of a real high pitched ring tone I could use so I can hear this at work? Also the Otter box gets like a bubble area between the screen- any cure for this?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
congrads on the acquisition, and welcome.

i don't have any suggestions regarding the cases other than trying
other cases. :)

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
1stly....Welcome!

There are so many cases to choose from. I'd say if money is not an option, try as many as you like. Mostly, the members can provide recommendations of what we all think is the best; but we're only carrying our own iPhones.

Currently, I have 3 different cases that I switch from according to my mood.

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
I love my seidio form-fitting iPhone case. I've had it for over 3 months and not a sign of wear and tear. It offers good protection, sure-grip and compliments the look of the phone. It's also so thin, I can fit my phone into a hipcase, snuggly. I'd suggest you try it first before any other - might just be the one you settle for. Welcome to the forum!

darktone

Bronze
Jul 29, 2007
Wendy- great smile :). I need something kind of heavy duty for a case though. Something that will cover the screen and that I can wipe the grease off of. I am a mechanic and can't take the time to wash my hands every time I get a call.

Cliffman

Dec 12, 2007
Wendy- great smile :). I need something kind of heavy duty for a case though. Something that will cover the screen and that I can wipe the grease off of. I am a mechanic and can't take the time to wash my hands every time I get a call.
I would suggest the body guard form "BodyGuardz". http://http://www.bodyguardz.com/BodyGuardz_for_apple_iphone_p/nl-baip-0407.htm. It's a clear plastic film that covers the entire phone. It's extremely durable and easy to clean. Iv'e seen a drop test from 4 feet onto concrete and not a scratch!

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
First thought is I should have just taken the $175 hit on my Sprint contract and got one five months ago! This things just awesome! It is so easy to use. I never thought I would be using the youtube much but it has been a lot of fun. The camera really impresses me. The wifi works great and the little key board is very easy to use- I am using it now! I really don't have anything bad to say about it. I put it in an Otter box a defender case right away and that kind of muffles the ringer- anyone know of a real high pitched ring tone I could use so I can hear this at work? Also the Otter box gets like a bubble area between the screen- any cure for this?
If you're the adventurous type, you could try the "needle" technique to improve your speaker volume. I did it, and it definitely works! :

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21807

wendycharles

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
your kind,thank you for the compliment! :cool: have you decided on the type of case?

darktone

Bronze
Jul 29, 2007
your kind,thank you for the compliment! :cool: have you decided on the type of case?
your welcome Wendy :). I have it in an Otter box Defender right now. I really do need some that will give some pretty heavy duty protection. I like this case except for the bubbles that appear between the iPhone screen and the case screen.