Thoughts on Galaxy S7

Discussion in 'iPhone 6S' started by iDapzZ, Feb 24, 2016.

1. iDapzZ

iDapzZ Member
    Bronze

Just wondering what every one makes of the s7 very tempted to pre order the edge in exchange of my 6s plus but thought ID ask the more tech savvy people their option first.

I want it to be smooth and good for gaming which in know previously has been iPhones but has it changed now??

2. J_Thomas

J_Thomas New Member

It is gorgeous, but I just can't do it, here's why...I had the S6 Edge, a beautiful device, but it sucked! It was really laggy and the battery life was horrible! The S7 battery is bigger this time around, so hopefully that won't be an issue. Also the fingerprint reader was really wonky in comparison to iPhone, painfully slow. I watched a video the other day of a lady demoing the S7 and it would take her a couple of swipes to move through the screens showing me that the lag is still there. It is beautiful though!! Only thing I miss from S6 Egde is that display and also Samsung Pay...it works everywhere whereas Apple Pay works at McDonalds lol. Apple Pay really needs to step it up.

To answer your question though, it's basically Android vs. ios and what you prefer. The S7 has a ton of RAM vs. iPhone, but it doesn't necessarily mean that it's benchmarks are better. If you are about gaming, iPhone benchmarks are way better than any Android device. S7 may have better hardware than iPhone but it comes down to the software...that is where iPhone wins, they can do more with less so to speak. Hopefully I could help you out!

3. 47seijar

47seijar Zealot
    Bronze

Yep. Like J_Thomas says, it's all about what works best for you. For me personally, iOS gets it done. And as a Mac user the iCloud integration makes the whole ecosystem a dream feature for me. Any advantages Android holds over iOS are moot points for me. And I never gave a hoot about specs. It's all about the end-user experience, and I've never had an issue with my iPhones' reliability or performance.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Qbnkelt

Qbnkelt New Member

I would not switch from an iPhone to a Samsung device. I've had the SG2, SG3, Note 4 as personal devices. I just got the SGS7 as a test device for my team. I had the SGS5 for work and I returned it early and changed to an iPhone 6.
    The reason is that I found that the first OS upgrade has reduced the usability and performance of every single Samsung device I have owned, without fail.
    If you want to get one as a side device to play with, sure. If you want it as a daily driver to replace your iPhone, I would think twice.

5. 47seijar

47seijar Zealot
    Bronze

The S7 and S7 Edge reportedly have WiFi issues. No fix yet.

6. Qbnkelt

Qbnkelt New Member

Also camera issues.

7. tybirdtybird

tybirdtybird Contributor
    Bronze

On Samsung their displays are amazing apple better get it together.

8. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

I have the s7 edge since launch and it's had no wifi issue I'm in UK with the exynos chip which is much better than the Qualcomm 820 but my thoughts on the device are good android is so smooth and Samsung have done a great job with there os really taken a lot of the rubbish out but I can't say I'd give my 6s plus up I like phones simple..

9. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

Oh and what camera issue are you on about I haven't had a single problem with mine and the camera is the best I've used to date.

10. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

This is all rubbish I've got the s7 edge and there's no lag ok the fingerprint reader isn't the best but the camera is the best about you can't compare it to the s6 edge this s7 edge is a major step for Samsung battery life is the best I've had and the is has been stripped back to make it smooth as any device I'm in the UK with samsungs own exynos chip which I was bothered about at first but it's a dream no lag or stutters and it beats the Qualcomm 820 all day but don't compare the s7 edge to the s6 edge it's a refined device could be device of the year.. But I still use my 6s plus I like both and more why get stuck on one os there's so much out there now..

11. Qbnkelt

Qbnkelt New Member

12. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

The link you gave me is for the s6 edge.

13. Qbnkelt

Qbnkelt New Member

14. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

15. Qbnkelt

Qbnkelt New Member

Yah, that would not be acceptable. I love me some Apple customer service!

16. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

17. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

18. Qbnkelt

Qbnkelt New Member

I don't care about tests and benchmarks.
    I care about real life usability. if the phone works for me then that's all I care about. Lab tests are nothing but talking points for chest thumping.
    I got challenged on the statement that there are camera issues and I posted links. That's it.

19. Qbnkelt

Qbnkelt New Member

You had no problems with the camera.
    I've had no problems with my iPhones.

We're both lucky I suppose.