Three email accounts and none work?

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Hey Guys... I went out of town for a family problem the other day. I messed up my phone but new when I got home I could restore it. So I wasn't too worried about it.

I finally got home yesterday, it took about 15 tries and going to different computers in the house before I got it to restore. Sync'd with I-tunes and put everything back. I noticed my email was not working. No idea why.

I then started putting my 3rd party apps back on there. My problem is my email is not working. I have 3 accounts set up. none work. When I hit my Email Key it opens and then closes right back out. I tried deleting the accounts and they just come right back.

Any ideas what to do....? Restoring is not a option since it took 25 tries yesterday....

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
Download Mobile Finder via installer, find the e-mail application, and set permissions to 777.

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
It won't change... I browse to Mail, Choose Modify. Change and choose Done. When I go back in to look. It has changed back to what it was, when I was in there originally.

Am I missing a step?

GADeputy

Bronze
Jan 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
This is an easy fix.
Just go to var/moblie/library/mail and set the directory permissions to 0777 (and also set group, owner and permissions recursively).
I use WinSCP.