Throwing my life away

Y-Less

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Netherlands, The
A lots been going on in my life-- most of which, sadly, I can't write about here (at this juncture) It’s time to lay it all out there on the table, Because I feel to write it from me away.

My life for the past 14 months has been one of confusion and fear. Let me fill you in. Sometimes I’ll get caught up in sadness, and it makes me mad at myself, because it sucks the energy out of everything and doesn’t do me or anyone else any good. When I can’t “snap out of it” as quickly as I’d like, I just try to say busy, focused and moving ahead., But you can't solve anything with it, Sadly.. I've found a new job since February 2008, because my old job was not good enough and I made no money except for the €103 once a month (How did I ever managed that to pay my rent?).

Now I do work at a family company runs by a father and 3 sons that has 9 employees in the farm, What we do is fixing Transmissionparts for the cars and big trucks, I do not touch any of those things, Im just doing my job as been usefull to do work for anybody there if they ask me something.

A very other thing is that im sick of people telling me what I need to do, dammit, Im not 8 years old anymore for god sack, Sometimes I really feel I need to left my country and build my life somewhere else, But my fear agian is that I im so young, It makes me sad...

Mhh more to come if I feel the way..

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
More to Japan and live under the street lights. You'll still be better off than half of the Americans if you do that.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
Y-Less -

if you truly and honestly are thinking of leaving your country, I'm going to suggest the States, or England. you have sufficient knowledge of English, so you will be able to communicate.. and what do you do exactly, what are you good at?

Y-Less

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Netherlands, The
More to Japan and live under the street lights. You'll still be better off than half of the Americans if you do that.
Well, sometimes I do ask myself if im still usefull for this world? You know what I mean?

Y-Less -

if you truly and honestly are thinking of leaving your country, I'm going to suggest the States, or England. you have sufficient knowledge of English, so you will be able to communicate.. and what do you do exactly, what are you good at?
Im used to study computer/servers/ networks and big computer plants.. But didn't finish it so I did say goodbye to my diploma's for it

Y-Less

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Netherlands, The
No, I do not have family here anymore. My mother and father broke up when I was 4. Im now alone here.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
thats really unfortunate, I'm sorry.. where is the closest family you have? aunts, uncles.. maybe you could ask them if you could go there, work, get some money, continue education.. go to a different country?

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
come to new york area its just dandy here... actually n.c is the place to go... Cost of living is the best right now for the type of pay and housing prices. Do you have any means of making a change to another country. Im sure its a long process but in the long run might be worth it

Y-Less

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Netherlands, The
thats really unfortunate, I'm sorry.. where is the closest family you have? aunts, uncles.. maybe you could ask them if you could go there, work, get some money, continue education.. go to a different country?
As far I know I got no family here.. No aunts, uncles and so on so on...

come to new york area its just dandy here... actually n.c is the place to go... Cost of living is the best right now for the type of pay and housing prices. Do you have any means of making a change to another country. Im sure its a long process but in the long run might be worth it
Okay, How do I start going to make that change? Where do I start.. Is huge to take this step?

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
im not shurr if i should try and give advice but do i want wish you the best of luck.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
As far I know I got no family here.. No aunts, uncles and so on so on...

Okay, How do I start going to make that change? Where do I start.. Is huge to take this step?
well, first, you will need to get an American company to hire you, then you would need to go to the American Embassy and get a work visa, and then, see if the company will help cover some of the moving costs.

I think, though, the US would be a little harder to get adjusted to than the UK. and make sure the company knows what you are capable of, otherwise they may not understand what exactly the situation is, and how crucial it is that you get means of money and fast.

for a UK scenario, substitute "American" to "British" (I.e. British embasssy)
I'm afraid I can't give you any more than that and the best of luck

and if you want someone to talk to, you have the EIC. a lot of us are very very good people.

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
Wait - why are we even suggesting moving? It's not like you're going to get up and move right now.

Y-Less

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Netherlands, The
well, first, you will need to get an American company to hire you, then you would need to go to the American Embassy and get a work visa, and then, see if the company will help cover some of the moving costs.

I think, though, the US would be a little harder to get adjusted to than the UK. and make sure the company knows what you are capable of, otherwise they may not understand what exactly the situation is, and how crucial it is that you get means of money and fast.

for a UK scenario, substitute "American" to "British" (I.e. British embasssy)
I'm afraid I can't give you any more than that and the best of luck

and if you want someone to talk to, you have the EIC. a lot of us are very very good people.
I'd choose for UK because I like the people over there. been in londen so many times.

Wait - why are we even suggesting moving? It's not like you're going to get up and move right now.
Not now, but before august or december..