Thunderbird and iPhone?

Discussion in 'iOS Software' started by The Toddfather, Sep 30, 2007.

1. The Toddfather

The Toddfather New Member
    Bronze

Has anyone had luck syncing with Thunderbird on the iPhone. My search here and on Google proved fruitless.

2. ciaran00

ciaran00 New Member
    Bronze

Toddfather... nice name :p

So export your addressbook in TB to CSV (comma separated values) format. Import this in Windows Address Book. Sync to WAB in iTunes... best way for now...

Back and forth syncing will be tough, but if you happen to maintain your addressbook in TB pretty well, the sync process is just 2 more steps than usual.

3. The Toddfather

The Toddfather New Member
    Bronze

Thanks for the help ciaran00. I have Entourage, so I guess the same thing?

4. Voltaic Shock

Voltaic Shock New Member
    Bronze

5. Skb2000

Skb2000 Evangelist
    Gold

I couldn't get this to work..it wants to sync my gmail contacts with third, not the other way around...I am assuming I didn't screw it up!

#5 Skb2000, Sep 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2014
  6. Stanche

Stanche New Member

The link above refers to a ThB add-on which will allow me to sync my Google contacts with my Thunderbird address book. However, I do not have a Gmail account, and all my contacts are on my iPhone and I do not use exchange sync. Is there a more direct way to transfer my iPhone contacts to Thunderbird without having to open a Gmail account, set up Exchange sync on my iPhone and install
    the ThB add-on on my PC?

The best is if I could convert the iPhone contacts to one of the formats accepted by my Thunderbird by default when I go to Tools > Import

7453658496_b849fa5b2b_n.jpg

7. Mathew Connelly

Bronze

Try the following:

Download copytrans Contacts, connect your iPhone and when your contacts show up, drag drop a selection from the program window to a folder on your computer

2012-06-27_175122-1.png

When prompted, select Thunderbird as the save format

2012-06-27_175152.png

Your iPhone contacts will be saved as a single file on your computer. Use the Import function in your Thunderbird to import the contacts file

2012-06-27_175235.png

8. Stanche

Stanche New Member

I exported the contacts to a folder on my PC as instructed. The contacts were saved in a vcard (vcf) file. However, my Thunderbird would only give me the choice to import from tab, csv, and txt (in addition to Outlook and Eurdora) and not from vcard files. Now what?

9. Mathew Connelly

Bronze

Select the Text file option and once the new Explorer window opens, make sure you select All files from the file-type drop-down menu. You will now see the vCard file created by copytrans Contacts. Select the file and click on Open to import your iPhone contacts to your Thunderbird.

2012-07-02_175932.jpg