Tick tock.. Tick tock... Macworld 2008

ilLegalBeagle

Bronze
Jun 12, 2007
So, pure speculation here, but what do we all think will be Steve Jobs' next big announcement regarding the iPhone? Will he even mention the iPhone in his keynote today, or will he limit his remarks to newer products/announcements?

ilLegalBeagle

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Well of course there is speculation about the latest firmware and it's release, as well as whether or not the iPhone Version 2 will be announced. But that's about it.
I think most of the focus will be on wireless and the new innovations that are coming out to promote that endevor.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
It says on the Apple website this morning that they will have the video of the keynote presentation ready for viewing in the afternoon.:)

KeKe

Bronze
Dec 26, 2007
I think he might talk about the new firmware if its
even ready. I hope so because I'm hoping for some new features on the phone.

ilLegalBeagle

Bronze
Jun 12, 2007
I really hope to see some software for the iPhone that would put the spotlight on the success of the SDK and the early collaborators. That wouldn't take very long in the speech, and it would go a long way to show just HOW open and flexible Apple will allow the platform to be for developers.

ilLegalBeagle

hutchinsonsxe

Bronze
Jan 8, 2008
if he announces the firmware today then how long will it take to come to us?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
if he announces the firmware today then how long will it take to come to us?
Depends on how prepared their servers are, but technically, it would be tonight. Probably not till tomorrow, or at the latest Friday.

voldak

Sep 24, 2007

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
Gizmodo's live blog is saying that "All these updates are available today, for free, for all iPhone users."